Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JayneRobyn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Need to find a children's chapter book.but I can't remember the title!
    So here's the deal... anyone specialize in finding books for a living?? :confused:

I read this small chapter book as a child and would love to find it again. I'm going to be a teacher and as a child I would read this book over and over again! I think that it got lost with moving and what not... :(

Here are it's details...

Setting: It goes back and forth- has some time travel to the Civil War era from the Victorian Era.

Characters: If I remember correctly there was one girl and two boys... the girl was the main character. They were middle school aged.

Scenario: Okay... this is stretching the memory cells here...

I'm pretty sure that the girl is studying in here library and happens to see that the design of a lions head on the mantle of the fire place is slightly moved open. She finds a letter inside. This somehow (obviously a big gap) leads to the children time traveling back to the Civil War era and spending time with a man who does the early forms of photography. (and relative? Ehhh? I can't remember!)

I understand that this is such a stretch... but the title could have something to do with a lions head or fireplace or the letter. Ach I just can't remember and I've tried my luck with search engines...

Someone help a girl out?
    Thanks everyone!
    :)
    Wondering Along Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 5, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Could it be "The Root Cellar" or "Civil War on Sunday"? Best of luck finding it.:) I hope that you do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of a children's book? [ 2 Answers ]

The book had a whole heap of short stories and nursery rhymes. There was a story near the middle of he book about a hat seller who has all these different coloured hats piled up and gets them stolen off him by monkeys in the tree. Some illustrations in the book were done by children. Also had "this...

Children's book title [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a book about a young boy who gets lost and lives in the trunk of a tree.

Children's book title? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a book that I read in kindergarten (1976). It was about a little girl who had a doll, a teddy bear and a stuffed dog that her mother threw away. The toys came to life and tried to find their way home. In the meantime, the little girl became so upset that her toys were gone...

View more questions Search