Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fenton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Piece of tooth still remains
    I had a tooth removed and there is what looks like a piece of the tooth still there. It is sharp and sensitive. Do I need to go back to the dentist?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:58 AM

It could be a bone chip. You could go back to the dentist but if it's a chip it will work it's way to the surface for you to be able to remove it with clean tweezers. If you have a denture resting on the area, go back to the dentist and have it removed.
    You could check with the dental office to be sure the dentist didn't break the tooth on removal (he/she should have shown you the tooth, roots and all).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piece of tooth left in gums? [ 11 Answers ]

Earlier this year I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The top two teeth were rotting and nearly half of each of them had broken off. I have since noticed something sticking out of the side of my gums where one of the top teeth used to be. It hasn't actually broken through the skin, it's...

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Gas valve remains on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a coleman evcon gas furnace mod.7970c856. I have problems with gas valve staying on after thermostat kicks out. It also over heats without limit switch kicking it out.how can the solenoid in the valve still have power? Its not the valve or the thermostat because both have been replaced 3...

Dismissed in BK but lien remains [ 4 Answers ]

In CH13, charges of 1400 for a dept store bill were dismissed by judge. During court, my atty failed to "make a motion to dismiss" And now I owe 3400 dollars-as a lien on my home. It includes the original 1400, interest and atty fees. I called atty who wants to go to court which I am afraid...

CPU Usage Remains at 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I discovered the CPU usage on one of my PCs will not fall below 100%. I've attempted everything I can think of to resolve the issue, including: - Running Ad-Aware SE - Performing an online scan from Trend Micro - Performing an online scan from Panda Software - Running Registry...

View more questions Search