Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timothy86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:27 PM
    I have been served with a civil summons for credit card debt
    I have been served with a civil summons for credit card debt. What happens after being served, and what happens if you do not answer the summons? What happens if a judgement is put against me? Thank you for any and all advice.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:35 PM

Hi, timothy86!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2008, 09:56 PM

Hi Timothy-
    I would recommend this article as a starting point. There's a lot to learn, but it's crucial that you answer the lawsuit within the time-frame listed on your summons or you will face a default judgement that could lead to a wage garnishment or freeze on your banking accounts.

Served a Summons Or Credit Card Debt Lawsuit - Don't Call the Creditor!

The Growing Trend of Credit Card Debt Lawsuits « Credit Card Debt Lawsuit Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served with summons to appear in court for old credit card debt. [ 4 Answers ]

Today I got served with papers notifying me that "YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that you are required to appear in person or by attorney..." in Flagler County, FL... "for a pretrial conference before a Judge at this Court." I gathered from this wording and the fact that it goes on to say "THE CASE WILL...

Civil summons for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I received a civil summons and have 14 days to respond to the court and lawyers office. I read allot on this site, so I decided to call and see if I could settle. They agreed if I paid $1380 within 30 days on a $1960 debt.. is this fair?. also, now how do I answer the summons?. theres no block to...

Civil Summons for Old Credit Card Debt [ 8 Answers ]

I was just served with a civil warrant over an OLD credit card debt (from college). I have not heard from this creditor in YEARS. I am trying to find the date of last activity on the account, but the original creditor is not showing up on my credit report (only the debt collector). The affadavit...

Served summons&complaint for credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Michigan. I was served a summons and complaint twenty minutes ago for failure to pay for credit that I obtained about 5-6 years ago. Asset Acceptance purchased all 3 of the charge cards that I was unable to pay due to divorce and low paying jobs. I am now remarried, but I own...

Civil summons concerning credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a civil summons from a credit card, guess they are suing me.I had been working with a company for over a year to help me out with this... so what are my options... I need help quick, sounds like they are getting ready to eat me alive, or that is the way it seems... :eek:

View more questions Search