Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kfzhou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2003, 12:10 AM
    Simple explanation of Lie Derivative
    Will somebody please give a simple explanation of Lie Derivative? From Calculus, it is not difficult to understand the definition of derivatives of one variable and also partial derivatives (as the limit of a quotient). But I really have difficulty understanding what a Lie Derivative is. Will you also give a concrete example of how to compute the Lie Derivative, just like an example of how to computer the partial derivative of a multi-variable function. Many thanks! :)

Check out some similar questions!

C++ basics, need clear explanation of... [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone give a very clear and concise explanation of a very basic example program in C++ with showing passing variables by value and by reference. I need to know exactly how to declare the function. How to define the function? And how to call the function? The part I need...

Seeking Explanation [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently in grade twelve at high school. In grade eleven, I met this girl. We became excellent friends until the summer began, at which point we fell in love. We were "meant for eachother"... and definently still are. I had the greatest summer of my life with this girl. Anyway, school started...

Explanation Anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, Here goes... I'm going to tell a story, and see if anyone can explain it to me. I have this memory. I was in my parents car, my father was driving, and I was iin my mother's lap in the passenger seat. I was apparently too small to comprehend 'all' of their conversation, but I got some of it....

Water Distillation Explanation [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I need a good scientific paragraph of what water distillation is, but I can't seem to find one on the internet anywhere! Its my homework by the way.. oh yeah and it can't have too many long words in or my chemistry teacher will get suspicious!. lol

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.