Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rip-cord Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
    No Hot Water in Shower
    Hello well I am finally getting to the end stages of completing our bathroom in the basement. I was testing the shower before I put the covers on and I only get cold water. I know it is hooked up right and I am getting hot water at the sink fine. I can only turn the knob from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock and no further. I only get cold water. Any ideas before I pull my hair out.

I am hoping this is something simple since the wall is tiled now. I can still access the valve but nothing else.

P.S. the lines are pex.

Thanks
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:30 PM

Hello rip,

Can you tell us some more, what brand and model is you faucet is it single handel, is it shower only or Shower/Tub?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Answer Afaroo's question Rip cord.

Then check to make sure that there are no inline shutoffs to the valve (slotted heads under trim plate).

Otherwise, I would have youshut the water off to the valve (hot and cold) and then remove the spindle/cartridge assembly. Then PULSE the hot and cold water (spindle/cartridge out) and see if hot water flows... if it does then the spindle/cartridge may be damaged and need to be replaced.

At this time, check to be sure there is no obstruction inside the valve.

Let us know what you find...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water in my shower will not switch from the shower head to the tub spout? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a small home, that I am getting ready to rent out the problem is I get water from the shower head just fine, but I get not water from the tub spout, any ideas?

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot Water works Great.Shower [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a fairly old house. In my downstairs shower I get great hot water pressure, but no cold water pressure. I have two handles, one for cold and hot. Any suggestions on how I might fix the problem? House gets water from the city. Not sure on the make/brand of the faucets but they are...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search