Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    histeveaskme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Removing Tub Spout

Hey Gooseproints, I am having the same problem removing the tub spout.
    There is a cutoff at the bottom, but I cannot find any set screw. I see the plastic "X". I can turn the spout counter-clockwise, but it just turn without moving out. I would not turn clockwise, only counter-clockwise. I try to apply some pressure to pull it, but without success either.
    How did you get yours out?
    [email protected]
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 10:33 AM

Histeveaskme: this is post from 2006... Start new thread...

Anyway, there is a small set screw. It may be hard to find but you have to be patient. Use long (loose) allen wrench, not the one that comes bundled in small handle-like tool. You will have better average. Also make sure you use right size allen wrench.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 05:32 PM

See the Image below this what Milo is talking about, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

I have read all the posts I could find on changing tub spouts but I can't even get mine off. We have been having trouble with it for quite some time and today the shower diverter actually came out and the little white plastic piece fell out too. I can see how it works but I can not get it back...

Removing Tub Spout [ 7 Answers ]

I know this has been discussed in length, but I don't want to bust something trying to do it the wrong way. I have tried to turn the spout counterclockwise and it won't budge. Any ideas? http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/telluriccheese/P1050042-1.jpg ...

Problems Removing a Tub Spout [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently trying to remove the tub spout from my bath. I have the one with the screw underneath the spout. I think I may have stripped the screw please help with suggestions on how to remove the screw/spout without damaging the pipe. I am able to turn the spout around without any problems....

Removing bathtub spout - no hole [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have read the Q/A's on the site, but can't find an answer to this one. First, I have a Delta faucet. It looks like Delta Faucet T13422-SOS on the www.deltafaucet.com website. (There are a few more that look like this, but it has the diverter plug on the spout.) The difference is that...

View more questions Search