Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    In God We Trust Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 01:01 PM
    I have tried everything, why cant I get pregnant?
    My Husband and I have been trying for about a year now, have tried everything in the books. We both went to the Doctor to get checked out. We both have been taking our vitamins and I take folic acid and drink green tea and there's a pregnancy tea out their that I have looked into.

We are trying to stay away from infertility. We would like to do an all natural conception and birth.

I have four brothers and two of them are married. When the first couple got pregnant I started with the baby fever, some call it. Then the next brother had a baby. When she was in the delivery room, I thought to myself, I will be the next one in here, hopefully. Well the second couple just informed the family on Thanksgiving that they are pregnant again. Their first child will be one in February. I had to leave because I couldn't help but cry. I am really not stressing about it too much, but it just seems that every person I see pregnant or with a small baby, I cry.

I just don't know what else to do. Please help!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Well, you say you are "really not stressing about it too much", but by what you write, you obviously are.

It can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive. And you are there. You said that you both went to the doctor and got checked out. What exactly was checked? Just general health?
    Now that you have been trying for a while, you may want to go back to the doctor and see if there is a fertility problem. I know you said you wanted to stay away from fertility treatments - but you may want to just go and see if there is an issue. That doesn't mean you have to start any treatments.

First thing you need to do is relax.
    Are you tracking your cycle and know when you are most fertile?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 01:34 PM

It doesn't always happen overnight. It took me about three years to get pregnant after I stopped taking the Pill. It turned out that my husband soaked in long, hot baths and wore tight underwear--big no-no's. Stress is another no-no.

Make sure he is wearing boxers and taking short warm showers. Then, just get on with your life and enjoy the peace and quiet the two of you have now, because that will truly change once a baby has arrived. Make sex fun so the sperm will smile again and be relaxed as they search out eggs merrily bouncing along in your Fallopian tubes.
    In God We Trust Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 01:36 PM

Yes, we got our general health checked. So we need to go back to the doctor and get check for fertility? Any tips on how to relax? My husband is 28 and I am 22. Could that have anything to do with it? We would like to have a big family, but if we don't get started on it soon, we don't be able to.

Thanks for your answer!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 01:42 PM

If it has been a year of trying, you can go to your OB/GYN and let them know. They will guide you in the right direction of what next.

I honestly think you maybe stressing yourself out. By what you write, you want this so badly. You really need to relax and let nature do it's job.
    Relax by not worring if "this month is THE month".
    And you are young. You have PLENTY of time to have that big family. Of course, after the first one and reality sets in you may be okay with just one.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    My husband is 28 and i am 22.
    Good heavens! You are just puppies! I was 25 before the first one came along. After I had the second one at 29 and mentioned I wanted two more, my husband screamed, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" so that was that.

Be sure you can afford a "big family" (whatever that means to you) and will be good parents (not two-jobs-each parents like my neighbors with six kids whom they never see because they have to work to put bread on the table).

How to avoid stress? Stop thinking-talking-wondering-dreaming about having a baby. Couples who stress and don't get pregnant and then adopt often get pregnant around the time they sign the adoption papers, once they've stopped stressing.

How to stop stressing? Take college classes for stuff you want to learn about, start a new hobby like scrapbooking or karate, go on nice vacations (places you can't go to with a baby, like to a jungle or mountain climbing), do things that will raise your consciousness--read more books and listen to more music and practice cooking together and join a church.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Pregnant, how do I tell him? [ 4 Answers ]

We met two months ago, we get along great but I pressured him too much into being exclusive. Result, he backed off. He's still here though; I am giving him a lot of air and I realize I have been way too pushy. Thing is? I think I'm pregnant. Test positive, will go at the clinic sometimes this...

Trying to get pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I been trying to get pregnant for 10 months and I just can't is it that I can have kids I'm only 20 years old

View more questions Search