Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Need Tips for programming a blog
    Hi
    I need to program a Blog but I am not sure how to start it. Please can someone tell me what are the tools that I would need to program one. I've worked on ASP, VB/VBScript and HTML. Are these three tools good enough to make a blog site. Also should I use ASP or ASP.NET for this website.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Yes, those languages should be enough. As for ASP or ASP.NET - go with whatever you are more comfortable with. ASP.NET is the better language but then there might be more a learning curve for you.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jul 3, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Unless you are either A: just doing it to learn, or B: looking to add some functionallity not currently available in other blog soluitons, you are reinventing the wheel. There are a lot of various blog products out there. Unless one of the two situations above apply, I'd say use a ready product.

Jul 3, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Wow, tahts just great. Pleas can u send me some sources from where I can get these (blog) softwares.
    Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 01:14 AM
    I don't know many ASP ones that you can host yourself but here are some ones that are hosted for you:

http://www.blogger.com/start
    http://www.wordpress.com

Jul 4, 2006, 11:10 PM
    Well... I've checked out these links. It's good that there are certain sources which proveide ready made blogs to use but the problem is that they annex their website name with them which is not what I want. So I think I have to start programming it for myself.
    Well.. if someone has any idea or experience of programming blogs, please give a bit of guidance of how and where to start this project from.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2006, 01:07 AM
    You really will be reinventing the wheel. If you want one at your own domain, it just means you have to host one yourself.

If your hosting supports PHP, you can't beat Wordpress - http://wordpress.org. I use it on my site

As for ASP based solutions, try this page:
    http://www.aspin.com/home/webapps/content/blogs

If you are still keen on doing it, let me know and I'll give you some guidance on starting up. How good is your database design and normalisation because you'll need to start with that.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
    No matter what you code, you will still have to purchase a domain (assuming you don't want some else's url) and you will have to pay for hosting. Hosting it yourself i.e.. Over dsl or cable is not recommended. Its high security risk and usually against the rules of your ISP which could get your connection turned off.

Since you have to pay for hosting somewhere, just find a cheap host that offers blogs built in (prices range from $50 to $200 a year.) For the domain, you will pay about $7-$10 a year. Not bad.

If you change your mind and want to go with a free site, look into www.blogger.com
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 1, 2007, 06:36 PM
    You can also find free WordPress hosting at:

WordPress.com » Get a Free Blog Here

Note that this is the COM site, not the ORG site. No ads, just WordPress goodness. :-)

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

What's a blog? [ 6 Answers ]

I keep hearing the term "blog". What the heck is it?

C programming help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi people I want to shut down my system after a specified time I want to use the time() method but I need to know the exe file that runs after the specified time. Please let me know also if there is any other way to shut down my system after some particular time Thank you Best regards

View more questions Search