Nov 30, 2008, 07:01 AM
    What colour and style dress ?
    I need some help

I have no idea what style to go for a prom dress let alone the colour
    Please help

I have tan/yellow/ivory skin colour

Brown hair
    Short, with big boobs, flattish tummy, no hips

What would be the best colour and style for me to go?

Please help
    Would be very thank full :)
    bitofanoddbod Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 07:42 AM

I'm thinking a red strappless dress , should complement your skin colour and hair colour, and strappless so you can make the most out of your figure.
    You could wear black heels and a nice pendant or fancy necklace with this , in my opinion anyway
    I'm jelous I woudlnt get away with a dress like this .
    dress colour Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Tnxs you for your answer what length do you think would go well
    And do you have any ideas on the style
    You seam like you no what you ar talking about and would be very helpfully if I could have you opinion on what style

If I have good ish leg would you say
    Short or long
    Backless or not
    Any help will do

Thanks again for your comment
    bitofanoddbod Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:54 PM
    , I don't have a clue , I just go with what I think would work

Well its going to be a very good night show yourself off for all your worth
    I'd say make the dress above knee level , but not too short you don't want to look slutty, and I'm not to sure on the backless , it it takes your fancy go with it :) hope this helps

Dec 1, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Thank you very much
    You have been a great help
    :)

I will take all you points in to consideration
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 01:19 PM

I agree with the red idea, it would indeed compliment your skin tone and hair. Also Black, Blue, Green, Blue would also look good. Or a sexy silky grey with smoky eyes and sparkly jewellery.

Remember though, less is often more! Don't go overboard with accessories etc.

However depending on how big your boobs are a strapless dress might not be such a good idea (if they are very big you will need straps to support them).

You asked also about the length of the dress - try on a few lengths and see which you prefer. In my opinion "Prom" style dresses are normally not mini dresses (something around the knee area) but get whatever you feel good in.

As to the style of the dress, it is hard to say without knowing exactly what you look like, your best bet is to take a friend and try on as many as you can. Think about how you feel in the dress as much as how you look in it, after all Prom is a big night and you don't want to spend it feeling self-conscious!

Have a look at some of the dresses on this website (link below), there are some well good ones!

Party Dresses | Going Out & Evening Dresses - Lipsy

Dec 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Ahh I meant to say purple instead of the second blue..
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 01:21 PM

I think that if you have tan/yellow/ivory skin, a green would be really pretty...

Halter tops are always flattering... and they normally come on dresses that are rather straightish. If you're on the short side, I wouldn't go with strapless. Straps tend to add length.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 01:25 PM

What color are your eyes?

Dec 3, 2008, 01:30 PM

I agree about the halter neck dress actually, they are very flattering on big boobs and give support. And show off your back!

Dec 4, 2008, 11:12 AM

to the eye colour hazel

and thank you all you are giving my lots of help
    I really do apprecate it =]
    HayleyAnne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Do what I did. Go to the city and go to formal dress shops and try things on!! You will never know, And make sure you try on everything, just looking at it is completely different to it actually being on you. You'll look gorgeous I know! :)
    ingrid119 Posts: 63, Reputation: 9

Dec 7, 2008, 09:37 AM

Haha you just basically described me to a T so I'll just tell you what's worked for me.

Purple is your best friend. It's the best color for your skin and will make your eyes super green. Go for a deep purples. I would say if you're going to go with a halter than get a long dress with your hair down and curled, minimal jewelry but if you're going to go with a short dress get maybe a heart shaped a-line one with some interesting jewelry and have your hair either down like the other one or have it pulled up elegantly.

Dec 7, 2008, 01:43 PM

Tnxs and that's werid because I did have some ideas and I did say mayb long halter neck with my hair well top bit up rest down in curles

In either red or purple or mayb blue dress so that's good because if its like you uve ov worked out what workes for you next time I go shopping I will take all of your points in to my mind when looking for the perfect dress

Thank you so much all of you x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prom dress colour [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am looking for a prom dress and I can't decide what the best colour would be. I have light brown hair, blue eyes and fairly pale skin. And ideas?

Bought two colour kits but accidentally switced colour releasers, does that matter? [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark brown to black hair, I just dyed hoping to get a lighter brown. My mistake was that I bought two colours,1) meduim golden brown and2) light brown, then I accidentally used the medium brown colour with the light brown colour releaser. I barely notice a difference. Did switching the...

What Hair Colour suites a Red Dress? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I bought a bright red satin dress for grad. It has a bow that has a few silver rhinestones on it otherwise it is plain red and my shoes are silver with rhinestones on them and I'm wearing a white gold necklace with it. I have a pretty dark tan and brown eyes. Im trying to decide if I should...

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Wedding Dress Colour [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting married in a garden in Portugal, with a white house as a backdrop. The wedding will take place in Mid March. I have found the perfect dress but it comes in lots of colours. I do not want to wear traditional white. I have mousy brown hair, which will have red, gold & copper...

View more questions Search