Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Pex Piping T-Joint
    I just found one of my t joints appears to have a small leak. I first noticed the leak when I walked down to my unfinished basment and noticed a wet spot on the cement floor. Upon looking up, I noticed a really small moisture build up which would eventually turn to a drip down to the ground. The plumbers who installed all of the pex piping just one year ago should be coming out in the coming week, but I am wondering more on the quality of either the t-joint or connections of pex piping as I plan on finishing my basement in the next year or so which would include drywalling the ceiling instead of doing a drop ceiling.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Hey Gus...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pretty rare to see a pex joint leak one year later. Pex systems are turning out to be remarkably reliable and safe.

Let the guys that installed it take a look at this joint and see what they have to say. I'm betting they will cut it out, replace it and you will be all set after that. Like I said, one bad joint is rare, but two or more is very very unlikely especially after all this time!

Good luck...

MARK
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Thank you so much for the reply. I kind of figured that would be the response. I guess with just being newly exposed to the pex, I was sort of worried. Especially with sheetrocking the ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Co-Owner in Default of Joint Loan Joint Tennants [ 5 Answers ]

I own a house with my ex boyfriend. He left the relationship, the house (left on his own accord), moved away to another state and stopped paying anything for the house payment and HOA fees for the past 3 months. Technically, he has abandoned the property. The deed is Joint Tennants with Right of...

ABS vs PVC piping [ 4 Answers ]

Nb this sight has advised me not to use capital letters. Due to re-shingling I have had to take down my solar panels for heating the swimming pool along with all of the 1 1/2" dia. Piping, which is pvc. As it is over 20 years old and has been subject to ultraviolet rays I intend to replace it...

PVC piping [ 6 Answers ]

Can you run Hot H2O in PVC pipe.I ran my water lines and I seem to have gotten something crossed in the kitchen.Dont know how but Have hot H2O coming from PVC and cold coming from CPVC? I can't get to where it ties in at because it is at the eave end of the house.:confused:

Pvc piping [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to fix my daughters beach wheelchair and it is made of pvc piping. One piece of the piping cracked. I brought the piece to Lowe's and they said it was structural grade pvc and they didn't carry it. It is color coded inside. Can anyone tell me what they know about this and where...

Piping [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to get the diagram and parts required for a deepwell water system with a pressurized tank. What do I need to get started?

View more questions Search