Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tu thuc Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Safety box
    Does anyone knows about safety box? I said safety box in bank can not 100% safe. Someone can steal or rob it. My friend said that is impossible. Who is right ?
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 30, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Safety deposit boxes require two keys to open them, yours and the banks. They are found in a vault. It is very unlikely that anyone would be able to steal them. If someone went through all of the trouble to get past the staff and into the vault, surely they would have something particular in mind to steal. They would know what they were going to find. Just a few thoughts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2006, 05:41 PM
    I have seen ( personally) a bank hit by a tornadao, buildings in all four directions are all leveled including the back, except for the vault that held the safety deposit boxes.

Now could a master criminal get passed all of the electrionic monitors, could they blow the safe ( most have time locks) or find some way in.

Could they use lock picks or acid to pull the boxes.

Ok, it is very possible that they could get broken into, but it is almost impossible. Next why would they go to that trouble to get into your box,
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 30, 2006, 06:09 PM
    With all due respect, safe deposit boxes work for literally millions of people with all sorts of valuables. They are likely as secure as an home safe, maybe more so. If they were being compromised we would hear about it like we do stolen laptops with data in it, occasional ATM heists, or bank robberies where they make off with cash, etc. Why does it need to be any more secure than that?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Safety Deposit Boxes are one of the most secure places to store things.

Full Proof? NO. But then, nothing is full proof. But the odds that something will be stolen from your safety deposit box are very low.
    tu thuc Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Thanks a lot for answering my question. I just read this one from:

http://www.foreignborn.com/self-help...0-sd_boxes.htm

Can thieves rob a safe deposit box?
    Yes, it happens, but fortunately not often. Safe deposit boxes are stored in concrete or steel vaults equipped with sophisticated alarms, locks, video cameras, motion sensors, heat detectors and other security devices. Most U.S. banks also have very strict access procedures, among them: verifying signatures, restricting access to the vault, never leaving anyone unattended inside the vault, and requiring two different keys (one being the bank's "guard key") to open a safe deposit box.

I think nothing is impossible. Thanks again...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recycling numbers and safety [ 4 Answers ]

1. Some recyclable products have a number within the recycle sign. What does those numbers mean? I think they go up to 6 or 7. 2. Also, which one of these are safe for storing food and not leech any of the plastics' chemical into the food or water? 3. Another thing, which ones are safe for...

Missing Safety Box [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for a bank to lose a safety box? Yesterday I received a phone call from the bank that there was something wrong with my box and once I went to the bank they first told me they had no record of my box. Then they come back and tell me that they had to drill into my box but the box was...

Margin of safety in dollars [ 1 Answers ]

How do you compute margin of safety in dollars?

Safety valve leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I installed new pressure switch and new tank, also new pressure gauge, also replaced the safety valve. Pressure switch is set to kick on at 40 psi and off at 65 psi, safety valve is suppose to open at 75 psi. How ever I get a small amount of leakage from the safety valve. What's my problem?

View more questions Search