Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BobfromBrighton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Need to backwash and replace filter on water softener
    I have never had a water softener. New house has one. I need to replace filter on a Water Boss system. I need a primer.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 09:05 PM

Bob, I don't think filter replacement is necessary. Is it giving you trouble ? Usually, these built-in filters last for the lifespanof the softener. That's why you have backwash.

The backwash is usually programmed into the unit and unit backwashes automatically as preset. I am sure, you can also do it manually. Just open the lid and follow the instruction.

Please, post model of your unit so I can take a look at the manual. There are several WaterBoss models on market.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Sand filter will not backwash? Any ideas why? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older used sand filter, and a new pump hooked up to my above ground pool. We are just setting this up and cannot get it to backwash. We replaced the sand thinking that might be the problem. No luck. It has a plunger type handle at the top that says "pull out to backwash and run for at...

Allowable backwash line discharge for a water softner [ 4 Answers ]

My city has adopted the 2003 edition of the International Building Code which I cannot locate online. I had a contractor install a water softner in my garage for which they ran a backwash line into my attic and ran it into my 2nd bathroom vent pipe (securing with electrical tape- see attached...

Drain Line for Water Filter/Softener [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a whole house water filter, water softener, chlorinator and sediment filter. This was all easy plumbing with 1" PVC. My problem is that the filter has a Fleck valve with a 1/2" ID flexible plastic pipe that is used to recycle the filter. It backwashes overnight a few...

View more questions Search