Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Furnace start up is loud - swooshing sound and motor is loud while on
    When the furnace starts up it makes a large swoosh sound and is very loud while it it on.
    Seems to be heating fine and shuts off fine. How can I fix this problem?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 03:59 PM
    If it is the main blower turn off power and remove blower access door. Look for paper or other debris in the cage fan. Easy does it sharp edges.
    counttheblessin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
    I had same problem and the installer was able to practically eliminate it with a small adjustment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Clunking Sound [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Amana Gas-fired Clothes Dryer that is making a VERY loud clunking sound. This just started a few weeks ago. What could this be? Thanks, Mary

Furnace makes loud banging sound when it turns off [ 2 Answers ]

When my furnace turns off there is a loud bang. It looks and sounds like there is air being sucked in through the ducts and then 'let go' all of a sudden. Any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it?

Loud crackling sound in ceiling. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older home, 1960. There are often crackling sounds coming from the joists holding up the ceiling. It seems to be somewhat related to temperature variations when the heater turns on. It's lucky for me that I see no cracks in the drywall to support that this is from settling. I would...

Loud Knocking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came across this site while doing a quick search on "loud knocking sound coming from pipes" I have read Tom's responses and feel like I know what is occurring, but a little reassurance never hurts. Here is the situation. I live in a newly built home, 11 months to be exact, and...

View more questions Search