Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark_proulx Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Cable internet speed - actual vs. advertised.
    Does there exist a simple way to measure the download/upload speeds on one's Internet connection? I've always been interested in knowing the extent to which ones "actual mileage may vary..."

BTW, I'm running an iMac w/ OSX...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 29, 2008, 10:02 AM
    There's a ton of internet speed test sites available.

Edit: Thanks for updating your question AFTER I posted.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 29, 2008, 11:55 AM

NetSpeedometer will let you monitor your speed graphically, providing you're running 10.3 or later.
    jhonnydeep Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Yes as curlyben said there are lots and lots of sites offering internet speed test I mostly use this site www.ip-details.com because they are offering speed test for unlimited time at free of cost...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethernet cable length-does it affect speed of broadband connection [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get a longer ethernet cable as it is too short at the moment. We currently have one that is just 2 metres long. I would like to get a 15 metre or perhaps even a 20 metre cable. The problem is that my husband says that the longer the cable, the slower the internet speed will be. ...

Bought used car, saw advertised for less on internet [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a used car yesterday for $9500. When I went home and looked on the internet at their website, the car (same VIN#) was advertised for $7000. Is it possible to go back to the dealer and request the difference? Can I cancel my loan and give the car back? I bought it on Saturday and will be...

Verifying legitimacy of advertised business opportunities over the Internet [ 8 Answers ]

With what US government office or organization do I verify whether a business opportunity being offered by a US company over the Internet is legitimate and NOT just a scam. The advertiser collects about US$50.00 in order to be a member in the business.

Laptop won't hookup to cable high-speed through main computer [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I give. I've tried everything and I still can't hookup to the internet. I need help. I have a cable modem & D-Link router on main computer. My work computer works fine in the dining room. I just picked up a used laptop for personal use and it won't work. I'm not real computer savvy so...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

View more questions Search