Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
    San Jose city law
    Dear Sir/Madame:

I would like to know if anti-recall is legal?

Recall is the right of the voters.

Anti-recall is against the right of the voters, so anti-recall is illegal?

Thank you.

TiTi Le
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Hello t:

Assuming that you HAVE the right to recall in your state Constitution or your city charter, it would appear that if the city of San Jose passed an ordinance that outlawed the practice of recalling their politicians, that the ordinance would be illegal.

The right to recall is NOT, however, universal.

excon

PS> You don't need to post your question all over the place. One thread is all that's needed.
    titile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Thank you excon

Madison Nguyen is D7, San Jose, CA councilwoman. She is not good then D7 voters try to recall her. They got enough signatures for a recall vote in March 03, 2009. Now she gathers a group called ANTI-RECALL to against the recall group. She also collects money for anti-recall .
    I would like to know if her act /anti recall is legal?

I appreciate you help

TiTi Le[/QUOTE]
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Hello again, t:

She certainly has the right to defend herself. And, she can call her effort anything she wants. Anti-recall is a fine name for it. She can go on TV and talk about it. She can buy adds in the papers.

Whether she can collect money for this endeavor is a question of your states election laws. However, it would be my guess that she COULD raise money to challenge her recall. Why shouldn't she be able to defend herself?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worth of 1988 Topps Oakland A's Leaders card signed by Mark McGwire & Jose Canseco [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Topps (759) card that was signed by Mark McGwire & Jose Canseco in Oakland almost 20 years ago. My older brother got them to sign it while they were warming up before a game. This card is in mint condition and there is a slight/faint thumb print mark on Mark McGwire's signature. The...

New city. [ 13 Answers ]

I used to live in Whiting, Indiana. Now I live in Rogerparks Illlinois. It took me a long tim to make all the friends I used to have. It sucks because when I moved out here I went to a school called Armstrong. I am currently out of school due to summer break. But, that is not my problem. My...

Concerned in san jose [ 2 Answers ]

I recently adopted my grandson... my daughter was an unfit mother so to speak.. I am getting support from the state for him does that ever stop? If so when should it?

City trying to take my car [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everybody, New to the site and looks very imformative. Hopefully someone can help me out here. I live in Van Nuys CA. comfortable little apartment. Been here for 12 years now. My hobby is working on cars so I am usually under the hood of my car. About two months ago, City...

View more questions Search