Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manket59 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2006, 05:49 AM
    Difference between Volt & Wott
    Can anyone explain the difference between Volt & Wott with example ? I would be thankful to him/her if anyone can...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2006, 05:54 AM
    I'm assuming you mean "watt".
    Here's a good link to a web site that explains things well: http://science.howstuffworks.com/question501.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Question on 220 volt [ 4 Answers ]

How can one identify 220 volt appliance besides looking on the appliance? Does 220 volt devices have the same 3 prong (with ground) or two prong configuration on the plug or does something look different indicating that it is 220 volts? Lastly, I know on 20 amp appliances the plug has one...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

480 volt ballast [ 1 Answers ]

Hello currently looking at setting up 480 volt 1000 watt high pressure sodium ballasts. Primary power is 600 volts 60 amp. From that what is the max amps I can use at 480 volts? A qualified electrition will be doing that part... then the trick will be working with the wiring and setting up...

View more questions Search