Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockland County Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Step parent obligation of Child Support in NYS
    I live I NYS with my husband who is the non-custodial parent of a 15yr old child, which also lives in NYS with his mother. My husband is unemployed and is currently obligated to pay $50.oo a week for child support. He always pays his support on time. I know that his sons' mother wants more support and is threatening us by saying that my income his my husbands income and that if he doesn't give her what she wants she will take us to court for as much as she can get. Is my income liable in this event? How much of this matter becomes my obligation? He often stays with us on the weekend and my husband buys him clothes and gives him a weekly allowance. Will they judge in her favor of our combined incomes?? We recently received a notice of the COLA adjustment that she has a right to claim for. Please help.
    NY Justice Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockland County View Post
    I live I NYS with my husband who is the non-custodial parent of a 15yr old child, which also lives in NYS with his mother. My husband is unemployed and is currently obligated to pay $50.oo a week for child support. He always pays his support on time. I know that his sons' mother wants more support and is threatening us by saying that my income his my husbands income and that if he doesnt give her what she wants she will take us to court for as much as she can get. Is my income liable in this event? How much of this matter becomes my obligation? He often stays with us on the weekend and my husband buys him clothes and gives him a weekly allowance. Will they judge in her favor of our combined incomes???? We recently received a notice of the COLA adjustment that she has a right to claim for. Please help.
    I don't know about the rules in Rockland County but I saw this website that has interesting information:

New York City Family Court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a step parent have to pay support for a child that is not his? [ 20 Answers ]

Canada laws please... Ihave custody of my daughter and she has chosen to go live with her father.. she is 13... I have remarried 7 years ago.. I don't work and have two more children to my husband. My ex wants to go to court and get support payments from my husband.. can he do this? :mad: So I...

Child support obligation in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

If my child turns 18 and decides to drop out of school because he is failing, do I still have to pay support. If he continues until the end of the year, and then does not graduate, because he failed required classes, but still lives at home, do I still have to pay support at the end of the scholl...

Step parent child support? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am married and live in Michigan with my wife and her 2 children from a prior marriage and 1 of our own. Her ex-husband refuses to pay her child support and as soon as the order went through for child support 9 years ago, quit his job and became "self-employed". He is currently going...

Child support obligation [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was married to a woman before me and they had a child together. When they first divorced, he was still in college, working part time and living with his parents, so his income, should the court have put into effect a child support order, would have fallen below the minimum needs...

Support from Step Parent? [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands ex wife is looking for a way to get child support based on our combined income as a married couple. Is that possible? Right now we pay her child support on time, every month based on his $85K salary. She works less than 20 hrs a week and lives with her parents. I am waiting to hear...

View more questions Search