Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwaysblueskies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Replacing Valve Stems in Tub/Shower
    I was asked by my neighbor to replace the valve stems in the tub/shower because you first must turn the handles almost all the way out to get water and second when the water comes out it is very slow. My question is is this the fault of the valve stems?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 05:08 PM

First can you tell us the brand and the model number of your faucet, has any work been done to your faucet lately, and where is the diverter installed is it one faucet or it is part of the tub, Thanks.

John
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 06:14 PM

Doesn't sound like a stem problem. Sounds like a blockage problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 29, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysblueskies View Post
    I was asked by my neighbor to replace the valve stems in the tub/shower because you first must turn the handles almost all the way out to get water and second when the water comes out it is very slow. My question is is this the fault of the valve stems?
    Let's check and see! Turn the water off to the valve and remove the stem and washer assemblies. Now turn the water back on, You should have a full stream shooting out of the open valve. Click ojn back and tell me about it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced Faucet valve stems and shower stem devirter [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced my faucet valve stems and the shower devirter stem in the bath tub, and now the only thing that water is flowing through is the shower head and not the spot going in the tub. Also the shower devirter only makes a 1/4 turn.

Replacing shower valve [ 6 Answers ]

Remodeling our bathroom and need to switch out the shower valve. The walls are open, so everything is accessible. If it's harder than this, or I'm missing something, please let me know... All outside the wall... 1 - disassemble the guts of the valve so as to not damage it with heat 2 -...

Replacing shower/tub valve body [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom. I need to replace the shower/tub valve body. My galvanized pipes are rusting out. I have a three handle system. Hot, cold and diverter. I have two bathrooms which are built back to back. I have one set of incoming water lines. A previous owner repiped and brought...

Replacing Shower Valve Stems/Seats [ 1 Answers ]

Since the valve stems don't have a brand name anywhere on them I am concerned I may get the wrong size or thread type. Are plumbing parts consistent all across the board? I just can't seem to get this drip to stop completely. I can slow it down, but the washer ends up getting wrecked in about 3...

Replacing Shower Knobs & Stems [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently renting a condo that the landlord had bought replacement knobs for the shower before moving, but didn't have time to install them. He is out of state. I tried putting them on but they were the wrong ones and I happened to strip the brass parts that the knobs tighten up to. When I...

View more questions Search