Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark Hamer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Septic odor
    We had our septic drained and new pipes put in, the caps to pipes are now above ground. We smell the odor almost daily. We do use riddex often.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 29, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hamer View Post
    We had our septic drained and new pipes put in, the caps to pipes are now above ground. We smell the odor almost daily. we do use riddex often.
    Ridex isn't going to help with the smell.. This link may help. Cold Weather & Wet Weather Septic Tank Odors Sewer Odors - how to diagnose, find, and cure wet or cold weather-related sewer gas odors or smells - Diagnosing and Repairing Septic Odors Sewer Odors Sewage Odors Let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Odor [ 8 Answers ]

I have been noticing a terrible septic odor the last day or so. I believe my septic system is in good condition. I also have been told the odor generally collects in the smallest bathroom, which it seems too. My question is how to I get rid of the odor - is this a venting issue or due to something...

Septic odor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a smoke test on the septic be done by the home owner? I have a foul odor coming in my house from somewhere when I use the water.

Septic odor [ 2 Answers ]

My husband put RidX downour toilet last week and now the smell is overcoming my house. My house was empty for about 7 months, is there something I can put down the drains to get rid of the oder? I have tried bleach and as told to try stewed tomatoes and a package of yeast down the toilets, will...

Septic odor in basement [ 1 Answers ]

When it rains steady or hard, I always get a septic smell in my basement. I have had my septic tank pumped and inspected. Everything checked out fine. I made sure all the traps in the house were not dry. I ran water through all of them. I was told that it could be my vent pipe on my roof. There is...

Septic Odor [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 3 months or so every time we flush the toilet it smells like sewage. It has only gotten worse and worse. It only seems to happen when we flush the toilet and will eventually go away... until we flush again. It stinks up the entire house now. We have tried to put stuff down the...

View more questions Search