Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
    I'm in a pickle.
    This guy says he likes me a lot but he hasn't asked me out. How messed up is that? I'm beginning to wonder if he just said he liked me to make me feel better. I don't want to be pushy but he told me his feelings for me almost a month ago and I told him my feelings for him. I'm also wondering if I should just call him and ask him about this. Is that a good idea:confused:?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 02:24 PM

How old are you? Maybe he's just shy. Just ask him if he wants to hang out sometime. Go see a movie or something. If he says he likes you, go for it. Ask him out. If he says no, then at least you won't wonder if he meant what he said about liking you.
    clhend Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Nov 28, 2008, 02:26 PM

Some guys, young or old, never learn to be honest with a woman. They'll say whatever they can to get the reaction they want.

If he wanted you to think well of him, then saying he likes you a lot ensures that you're going to think well. Chances are he forgot what he said minutes after saying it.

Unfortunately, we females are so geared to wanting a male in our life that we'll jump for the first guy that says he likes us.

If you told him your feelings after he told you his, then it's possible that he then realized he'd given you the wrong idea, and he'd over-stated his feelings.

Personally, if a month has passed and he hasn't make any effort to further the relationship, then I'd leave it alone. There's nothing more pathetic in a teenage boy's eyes, than a girl that's chasing after him. Boys can be cruel and you certainly don't want to become the butt of some lockerroom gossip or joke.

JMHO, of course.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Nov 28, 2008, 07:22 PM

I think you should call him and talk to him like a friend and than casually ask him what's up, so it won't be clingy or embarrassing, this boy can be shy and maybe he feels like you don't like him anymore... Have you been doing anything to show you like him?
    womaningirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Nov 29, 2008, 07:23 PM

Definitely call
    In a month a lot can change so see if those feeling are still the same
    If they are, take inisiative

Nov 30, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123 View Post
    I think you should call him and talk to him like a friend and than casually ask him whats up, so it won't be clingy or embarrassing, this boy can be shy and maybe he feels like you don;t like him anymore... Have you been doing anything to show you like him?
    Well I did call him a month ago and I told him I still like him. I was planning on calling him like Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the advice everybody I'll tell you all how it goes on Monday! :D

THEpurplepeanut
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 08:49 AM

How old are you and he? How long have you known each other?
    How long have you been 'seeing' each other?
    Sometimes when a girl tells a boy that she likes him, even if he says it back, it can scare him off because he doesn't know to what extent you are meaning 'like'.
    When you talk to him ask him what's up and what does your liking each other mean to him. If he feels that like has some boundaries it may be easier for him to feel comfortable.
    Right now he could be taking like to mean 'now she will want kisses and me calling her everyday and doing this and that for her.

Dec 4, 2008, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the advice

Dec 4, 2008, 06:44 PM

I called and he said he wanted to wait till next year. Surprisingly I have neutral feelings about this I'm not sad and I'm not happy, just, how do I say it, like relieved but bummed out, kind of. Thanks for all the advice I wish I didn't wait this long,but I'm glad I got off my chest, plus next school year is only like 7-8 months and that gives us both more time to think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In a pickle [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I broke up with my ex 5 months ago. The last time I talked to her was 5 months as well. During the summer, when I would go on AIM and such, she would IM me. But I had no reason to answer. I would start seeing the trend of like every 3 weeks or less or more that I would go on, she would IM...

In a clutch buying pickle! [ 2 Answers ]

I own a honda civic 1994. I recently realised the engine that's in is not the engine the chassis came with... question- When purchasing a new clutch kit should I go buy the engine # or the Chassis #? Clutch is very low and in desperate need of info on this!! :confused: :(

I'm in a pickle [ 1 Answers ]

Hey. I am 18 years old and ever since I was 12 I wanted to be a forensic scientist. When I actually started college for it I suddenly didn't want to do it anymore! I ended up dropping out of college and now I have no clue what I want to do... sort of. I am thinking about going into a medical field...

Stuck in a pickle [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: my problem isn't big, but for a 15yr old, it is. See, there's this guy, ed (I swear that's his name), and my best friend, caitlin, used to like him. A lot. He was all she could talk about for then entire spring and summer of 2007. She thought ed was the cutest and coolest guy ever, and...

I'm in a pickle [ 4 Answers ]

I have been asked to do a science assignment, and the subject I have chosen is Forensics. The task is to find 6 different speakers and their opinions, from experts e.g (scientists, judges) and write a report about each opinion and also a biography about the person. I have been searching for...

View more questions Search