Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd8530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Wiring in multiple light switches
    I need a wiring diagram for wiring in three switches in the same box all switches are for different lights.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Here you go...
    Attached Images

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 04:24 PM

Just to add to above excellent diagram, all grounds need to be connected and intact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 3 switches, each controlling a separate light [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire 3 switches in the same box, each controlling a different light? Thanks. David

Wiring light fixture to ceiling fan outlet with 2 switches [ 7 Answers ]

I searched but couldn't find this exact question... I have replaced a ceiling fan/light with a light fixture. The ceiling fan/light was connected to a single set of black, white and red wires as well as a ground wire. The ceiling fan was controlled by switches in 2 locations. One location...

Wiring Multple Light Switches To Control Seprate lights [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I understnd how to wire a switch but I do not know the best way to divide a single set of wires into a bunch of different switches. I want to be able to have 3 switches in a single box control different pats of my basement. Thanks! Mmonden

Wiring 2 switches to a bathroom fan/light [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separtaly, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming to the switch is 3 wire (black, white, and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan:confused: is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have 2...

Wiring for multiple light switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have three light switches that control one light fixture. In the past, they all turned the light of and on independently. But recently it depends on where you turn if off. In some cases, it won't turn on at another switch. Someone told me it was the wiring or the switches. Nobody has changed...

View more questions Search