Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c_ward84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Obtaining British Passport
    My father was born in Scotland and then moved over to Canada when he was around 3-4 years old. He does not have a british passport but has his birth certificate from Scotland. Am I entitled to a british passport based on him being born in Scotland? And I have a 1 year old daughter. If I obtain a british passport, would I be able to bring her with me to the UK? And what would I need to do, to bring her with me?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 02:05 PM

There were changes in UK citizenship laws in recent years. I am not 100% positive but this case may not easy one. Your dad needs to verify his citizenship first then he can pass that to you and your child. Consult immigration lawyer in UK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining passport [ 1 Answers ]

I was born on a military base in Germany to American parents, have lost my original birth certificate, and have been unsuccessful in understanding what I need to do to obtain a copy of the birth certificate. Hope this is the right category to post this question in.

Obtaining a passport [ 9 Answers ]

How do you go about getting a passport, and what kind of ID will you need in getting one? You know; 1.Where do you go to get one 2.ID needed 3.Cost 4. Is there an expiration date like your drivers license?

Obtaining a EU passport [ 2 Answers ]

I will be joining my boyfriend in the UK in October. He has a EU passport and I will have to go over on a working holiday visa. After 12 months we will be getting married. Will I be able to apply for a EU passport or what will I apply for in order for me to work freely in the UK.

View more questions Search