Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Getting a burnt smell out
    What is the most quick best way to get a burnt smell out of my basement? I had a friend microwave something and it almost caught fire before he noticed. This produced a lot of smoke but nothing else. The windows were opened and a fan blew all the smoke out fairly quick.. but this was about 24 hours ago and it still stinks very badly. Air fresheners seem to work for about 30 minutes or so, but then it is back. Help!

Bmarigoni
    tidygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 07:20 PM
    No fun!

Try laying dryer sheets or charcoal out to absorb the smell.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite H3 model 110 gas dryer, burnt smell [ 1 Answers ]

I just started to run my dryer when I noticed a burnt smell coming from the laundry room. That was the only thing running (less than 10min). It doesn't seem to smell from behind the unit but it does inside. I always change lint before/after every use. Any idea's?

Burnt smell in microwave [ 3 Answers ]

Lean pocket cooked too long. Kitchen filled with smoke. How do I get rid of burnt smell when using the microwave? Smell permeates when opening door. Gets worse when using microwave. Smell from house is gone. Thank you

Three felonies and a burnt car [ 13 Answers ]

My brand new Acura caught fire in a middle of a McDonald's parking lot while I was ordering food from the drivethru. I got out of the car and watched it burn for another five minutes until the fire department arrived and put the fire out. I immediately called the Acura dealership and reported the...

Capacitor burnt? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5yr goodman 3.5 that last night was making noises, I went to the outside unit and the fan was not working. I turned the unit off for the night and went out this morning and the wires that connect to the capacitor were melted(burnt). I will go tomorrow and get a new capacitor but my...

Burnt Rubber Smell Bryant 90+ [ 1 Answers ]

I bought this Bryant 90+ with A/C, 2 years ago. It smelled like burnt rubber coming out of all the registers. It has a filter they said only needs to be changed once a year. I have been changing it every 6 months. I took the filter out and it looked good. Since I put the filter back, it has only...

View more questions Search