Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dalliesgrrl Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Plantar Wart?
    In high school, I developed a very, very painful plantar wart on the "ball" of my left foot. Being a self desribed "Picker", I made the situation worse resulting in having to have multiple nitrogen treatments. I have no recollection of how it all started, just that it your standard looking plantar wart.

Approx. 4-5 days ago, I started having pain on the sole of my foot, but there was no "mark". I figured maybe I'd stepped on something and lascerated it to an extent and it was just sore. Still no markings and only a quarter size red area, the pain is getting worse and worse. There does not appear to be a specific spot that hurts more then another, and there is still no spot or mark. Could this actually be the start of a Plantar Wart?
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 07:11 PM
    You did mentioned that there is a quarter size area of redness and is painful. If you can recall either a small cut, prick or a break in the skin, you might be dealing with an infection. Plantars warts don't usually get infected UNLESS there is some sort of manipulation such as picking. Besides you are right in saying that warts usually present as "black dots". Did you notice any firm area where the redness is? If the redness is increasing or if you see reddish streaks away from the area where there is redness, see a health care provider and you may require antibiotic treatment.
    Dalliesgrrl Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 08:11 PM

As much as I'd like for it to be an easy answer, I just have no idea what it is. My kids are constantly leaving me Capt'n Crunch and Kix to step on, but other then the occasional crunch of cereal or a cracker in the carpet, I have no recollection of anything that could break the skin, or that I would have noticed.

The pain has now spread up about an inch and into the bottom on my little toe, further leading me to believe it's not a wart. *sigh*

Leave it to a holiday wknd to need a Dr's visit.. ;P Thanks for the help!
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
    It does not sound like a wart per your description. If your pain or redness gets worse do not wait since if it is an infection, the sooner it is treated the better. You can try soaking it is warm water and elevating it and it must be HIGHER than your heart to be effective for easing the pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plantar fasciitis location of pain [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for plantar fasciitis to cause pain on the left side of my left foot? I am having severe pain in the left side of my left foot upon putting weight on it. The weird thing is that pain lessens with walking and weight bearing, unless I step on uneven ground or a rock, etc in which...

Scar due to wart removal on penis? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I had a tiny genital wart on the shaft of my penis for a few months, it was not very large (maybe 2mm in diameter) and at first my home doctor did not know it was a wart, so after a few weeks I went to a dermatologist who said it was a wart, and froze it off. She told me it would...

Plantar faciitis: [ 4 Answers ]

My problem is over the arch on the side of the foot. I hurt it playing tennis a while back and ignored it. About a year ago I bought orthotics and it helped my problem over The arch area, but it never seems to go away completely. I was Playing tennis and walking but I stopped doing all that and...

Wart at base of penis? [ 7 Answers ]

OK so I'm 18 and I have never had any kind of sex. At all. For a while now I have had these little bumps on the base and kind of going up the shaft of my penis but I'm almost 100% sure they are "hair glands" or whatever. Today I noticed a "lump" at the base of my penis, almost like a wart. It...

Wall wart home [ 4 Answers ]

Have those old strips you could plug things in anywhere been banned? So many of the little transformers gobble up 2 outlets in a power trip, I wondered about those old continuous strips.

View more questions Search