Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WendiLynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Kitty Eye Gunk
    My niece gave me a kitten today that she needed to find a home for... she knows I can't turn any animal away. I have no idea how old she is I'm guess ing 4 to 6 weeks she's friendly and eats well but her eyes are matted shut with a green gunk I have given her a bath and washed her eyes out several times but the green stuff keeps coming back anyone know what it could be?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 06:46 PM

Sounds like a herpes infection.

Once a cat gets the virus, it usually can't be cured.

I would be careful if you have any other pets and you should probably have it checked out by a vet.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Nov 27, 2008, 06:58 PM
    It would benefit you and your kitten more to pay a visit to your local veterinarian rather than toss a number of medical conditions your way. Here is a link provided which may also help you.

Feline Eye Diseases
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 07:26 PM

Absolutely, she should be taken to a vet as soon as possible. Her very young age makes this even more important. She should also have a full exam. You're doing a great thing by dedicating yourself to her care! She's lucky to have someone who will stick by her side. She is also so little that she may have special needs. The vet will be able to give you all of the professional advice you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell and Gunk From Shower Drain [ 4 Answers ]

We were cleaning the bathroom one day and had both the vanity facets turned on at the same time. We heard a gurgling sound and then noticed a fowl smell. We opened the shower door and noticed water coming up. In it contained black sandy-like grit and other material that floated on the surface. ...

Period with brown gunk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Yeah this is totally gross but, my period is never regular. I've had it for about a year & a half. There's always brown gunk in it. What do I do? Is something wrong with me?

Kenmore Ultra Wash with gunk in door panel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash about 8 yrs old. Dishes come out cloudy and spotted. I see a lot of greasy gunk on the bottom edge of the door panel and it appears to be inside the little round, slotted part on the top of the door panel. Any suggestions?

Help with kitty [ 10 Answers ]

I need some help. My cat has been missing since 8/12. I have posted about 70 LOST signs in the neighborhood, and printed 50 more today that I will put up tomorrow. I have gone to the shelter and looked there. I have searched online on found cat sites. I have posted online lost cat. I put an ad out...

View more questions Search