Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Bladder elevation
    I am posting this for general information and so other women may know this type of procedure can be done and under what circumstances. Thirty years ago I had a bladder elevation because being as active as I was and after having a baby I found that I couldn't hold back the 'dribbles' (as many women find) and of course, sneezing was a deal breaker !

Now at 66 and after my second UTI in about 40 years I find that I have to have a bladder elevation done again. You can only have two because as you get older the doctor finds there is less to attach it to 'in there'.

So tomorrow morning I am to drink three full glasses of water and go to our local hospital an have an ultrasound on my bladder. It wasn't done this way about thirty years ago, so it should be interesting. Of course before the ultrasound I can't urinate and have to hold it as best I can so I will wear a 'pull up' to make sure any mistakes are contained.

I will let you know how that went.

Now, in January I have to go through this again with a gyno and her instructions were, and this is scary "I WANT YOU TO BE BURSTING AT THE SEAMS WHEN YOU COME TO SEE ME'. This examination is a litle more physical and invasive as they have to go UP inside me to test my bladder.

This should be interesting folks and knowing how clinical I am I will be watching every procedure like a hawk.

Check out some similar questions!

Angle of elevation [ 5 Answers ]

If I know the angle of elevation of an object is 58 degrees at 50 feet from the object, is there any simple way of calculating what the angle of elevation would be 11 feet below the observation point at the same distance (50 feet) from the object ? Any help would be appreciated. Flashman2

Reading ground elevation numbers [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a plans for construction for a driveway and walkways and on the set of plans there are different elevation number for example: 44.06 to 45.73 how do I read this in inches? I hope that I make sense. Thank You, RK

What is the purpose of elevation views [ 1 Answers ]

What is the purpose of elevations

Angles of elevation [ 1 Answers ]

Heyy Amy sees a radio tower at a bearing of 293 degrees and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 10 degrees. John is 350 metres from amy and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 6 degrees. The bearing from john to amy is 252 degrees. Find the height of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.