Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ritabugg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QandA View Post
    Subject: Hair falling out; hair loss for no apparent reason

Hi Readyok,

I have seen sudden hair loss in many individuals with an overloaded immune system from delayed food and chemical allergies. When the individuals discovered the foods/chemicals causing the delayed allergies--and eliminate said from their diet/environment, the hair loss usually stops. The offending foods/chemicals are discovered via a simple blood test and then eliminated from the diet/environment for a period of time.

A few questions:
    1) Have you recently been exposed to any chemicals in your environment such as paint fumes; carpet fumes; fumes/smell from a new car; exposure to chemicals from a new job; started using fabric softener or bleach in you clothes/bedding; gas fumes from a stove/oven or heating system?

2) Have you moved into a new living environment recently?

3) Been recently exposed to mold in your living environment or work environment?

4) Started using perfume; changed your perfume recently?

5) Recently been placed on medication(s).

6) Recently had a medical procedure causing you to be anesthetized?

7) Recently given birth?

8) Do you have a yeast infection?

9) Do you know if you have candida albicans (yeast overgrowth) with symptoms such as itchy skin in groin or anis area; rash around mouth; consistent rash on other areas of skin?

10) Do you consume dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.)?

11) Drinking water/other liquids from a plastic bottle?

12) Recently purchased a new bed?

13) Recently been exposed to insecticides or fumigation?

14) Recently had dental work?

15) Recently dyed your hair?

16) What other chronic symptoms--if any--do you have, i.e., headaches; constipation; indigestion; arthritis; PMS (if a woman); depression; tiredness; joint pain; hyperactive; inability to focus.

17) Do you have any diseases such as diabetes (type I or type II; asthma; etc.

Let me know the answers to the above and I may be able to provide you with a path to a possible solution.

QandA
    I have the same problem with my hair loss. I am 23 years old, and my hair has been falling out a lot. No bald spots but when I shower I have to clean out the drain before I finish and when I brush my hair I usually I have to clean out the brush once or twice before I finish. When I touch my hair in any way, I get about 5-10 hairs on my hand, sometimes more. I am not on medication or anything, but I gave birth to my son about 4 months ago. I also suffer from depression, headaches, tiredness, heartburn, heavy and painful menstrual cycles, and cramps in my pelvic area after having intercourse. I have a doctor's appointment set up for later this month and they put me on the wait list so I may get to be seen sooner, but my hair is so thin now. I'm really sad about it and I'm afraid that I will be almost bald by the time I get to see the doctor. I don't know what to do. If you have any suggestions, please please please share. I'm desperate!! I already plan to ask my doctor to check my hormones because, I read on WebMd that it could be that I don't produce enough of a certain hormone, but there is not history of female baldness in my family.
    Glauren Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2009, 04:58 PM

Are you taking any nicotine replacements? Such as the gum, lozenge or patch?
    fincin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 11:22 AM

Hi! Im new here too but need to tell you to check out your thyroid levels and be sure your not anemic because I had that problem to .go get checked and good luck.
    odettegreyling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 04:37 AM
    Hi

I am a 34 year old woman and used to have the most beautiful hair. Then one day it just started to fall out and didn't stop for a year. It is one of the most nightmarish experiences of my life! I tried many different things but nothing worked. My aunt said that she heard folic acid helps, but I was skeptical by that time and shrugged it off. A few weeks later, curiosity got the better of me and I tried it. It took about 3 weeks to kick in and it works! My hair has not only stopped falling out, it is returning to it's previous thickness! Please try it, I take 10mg a day. I know it's high, but I feel no side affects. I think my hair will soon as beautiful as it used to be!
    klueless_kid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
    I also have this problem~! I am 23 and my hair is everywhere on everything! I have been to the doctor. I was tested for thyroid, complete blood count and a comp metabolic panel. Everything came back OK... but I have psoriasis on my scalp like my mother and so the doctor didn't even think it would be anything else. Which irked me. The problem I have with the diagnosis is that I have never had any problems with it that people normally have with psoriasis. I mean I can feel a few places on my scalp but it didn't itch or flake or burn or anything that all the shampoos for it say that's what they treat. Now that I have been using t-gel like the doc said and applying a topical steroid, my head itches much more, I feel more places on my head, it hurts my scalp if I let the bristles touch when I brush it, and I don't see any improvement!! I do dye my hair it is naturally blonde I dye it dark brown, but it is not permanent hair dye, I use natural instincts which is supposed to be better for your hair(doesnt have ammonia or harsh chemicals used in permanent hair dye) but still the dye seemed like a more logical diagnosis since I have never had any problems with the psoriasis. Doc says she does not think it is from the dye. I went back to the doctor she said the same thing she said before... but she said she would refer me to a dermatologist if I wanted her to. But from what I have read I would more likely need to see a trichologist? Any help would be much appreciated.
    mrsluce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 11:16 AM
    My grandmother is having this problem, and has frequent yeast infections. Could this have something to do with it?
    theditza04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
    my friend had a similar problem and she bought some herbam medicines from here:http://genericbuy.info/?prod=propecia it helped her, hope it will help her too

Apr 10, 2010, 01:04 PM

A friend of mine had a similar problem and she bought some herbal medicines from here: Buy online generic Propecia (Finasteride) / Hair Care / Prescription it helped her,hope it will help you too!

Apr 10, 2010, 01:05 PM

I'm sorry for posting two times.I'm kind of new tot his thing..
    Preya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 01:27 PM
    I have the Same PROBLEM :(!! But mine are falling out by 10's or 20's. I have no history of baldness in my family... I can't understand why it's happening :s.
    Starpowergo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
    I have had the same symptoms over the last year and a half with excessive hair loss. I have seen gps, dermatologists, endocrinologists and all my blood work has come back normal for hormones, thyroid etc.
    Once again while I was researching why this could be happening I came across a website by doctor Hull who has found that drinking diet coke/ Pepsi max can lead to hair loss. The ingredient aspartame which has phenylaline in it can cause headaches, hair loss and so many different things. She says to stop your intake of all food and drinks with Aspartame in it and your hair should stop falling out in a few weeks and start growing back in 6 weeks - and yes it works.
    thewsjes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 03:25 AM
    Hi,

I am 23 and have been losing TONS of hair! All evenly, but the hair is everywhere and when I shower it freaks me out. I went to the doctor this week and they did blood work. Blood counts were normal and my thyroid results were "beautiful." She suggested a food allergy - but how am I supposed to know what that is! Alergic to what... I also live in an extremely humid environment so mold is everywhere I'm sure. But, I've lived in this climate for a year and the hair loss just started a few months ago and got heavy in the last two weeks. I think I should see a dermatologist next but this is FREAKING ME OUT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair falling out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , My problem is commonly found these days in youth. I'm 26 now and have smoked for many years. But currently I stopped smoking from the past couple of months. For the past couple of years my hair started falling severely and almost getting into bald head now. I'm sure smoking could be...

Everything is falling apart... [ 32 Answers ]

Okay... so I don't know exactly where this question belongs so I am putting it here. Please bear in mind that I need any and all points of view here. My husband told me today about an idea he had about earning money. He said that if he goes to work for a company in another province, he could...

My hair is falling out [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old female and my hair is falling out! There is no history of early baldness in my family, and everything else seems normal. I think normally, 50-100 hairs should be falling out, but around 250-300 hairs have been falling out in a day. There are no bald spots, the hairs are coming out...

Chow's hair falling out [ 4 Answers ]

We have had our chow for 8 years, and the past year, he is losing his hair.vet was never able to help. Will his hair ever grow back ? Thanks.

I'm falling apart.. . [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone has read my first post I listed, but over the weekend, I had a nervous breakdown and went to the hospital. Luckily, I didn't have to stay because I'm not suicidal, but they did prescribe some anti-depressants and some sleeping pills. I just feel truly heartbroken and on...

View more questions Search