Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMCFlorida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Who to contact to write a program?
    I’m an Office Manager for a small specialty company. We are growing and I want to be able to enter our daily orders into the computer. It will save time and storage space. My boss is not computer literate and it needs to be simple. I’m not sure who to contact. I have never done any programming so I don't if I could write it myself? Thank you for any input.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jun 29, 2006, 10:05 AM
    How many orders per day?
    How many products?
    How secure do you want the data?
    How many fields do you require? (customer details, product details, etc)

I can't write the program, but maybe a simple spreadsheet would do?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Or a database like MS Access, FileMaker Pro... or here's a cheap entry level one:
    http://www.avanquestusa.com/products...re/db_prof.asp

In short, it's likely that there's software available that will do exactly what you want to do.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
    I am self taught on QuickBooks.. and it could easily handle what you are asking and a whole lot more (for later). What came to mind reading your post is think big but take small steps. He may not be computer literate but if this initial step works out well, he might bite for more. You could compare prices of software programs and spend a little more getting something like QuickBooks but think about this...

Down the road, if what you get doesn't import into something bigger easily, then its more than money that you'll be out too.
    DMCFlorida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 11:49 AM
    We write an average of 20 orders a day. The order form needs 3 copies (office, customer/delivery, pickup. 36 fields, 8 products. The data must be very secure because it will have the customer's credit card. I don't think a spreadsheet will work. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I contact him again? [ 15 Answers ]

How long should I wait after the breakup before I can call my ex? I haven't talked to him for about 2 months now and the last time I bumped into him, he told me he misses me, gave me hugs and was sweet to me. When we first broke up, about 4 months ago, he called me for awhile and he kept telling...

Too much contact? [ 17 Answers ]

K so I've been with my girlfriend for 3 months now, well its been official for that long but we've been seeing each other way longer than that. She moved into an apartment up school a little while ago and I've been over there a lot but I feel like I'm there too much. And when I'm there she tells me...

Want to write program to create computer driven car [ 4 Answers ]

How hard would it be to write a program that takes input from 4 wireless high-speed digital video cameras and use it to be able to drive a car? My idea is to write this program, put sensors on the manual controls, and use RC servos to control controls. Use the sensors slaved to another comuter in...

Need advice.. Should I try to contact her? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I need some friendly advice. I'm sure a lot of you have had someone that was in your life at one point that you can't seem to get out of your mind. With that being said, I dated this girl about 5 years ago. We really weren't together that long.. a couple of months or so. Well, after we broke it...

Should I contact her? [ 7 Answers ]

Been broke up with the love of my life for 2 1/2 months now and I still want to be with her. The last time I saw her was in person about 1 1/2 months ago. She said she didn't ever want to see me again. Before that, she asked me if I was seeing someone and I said yes. She said she was wating for...

View more questions Search