Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srgindersr Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Head Gasket 1999 Park Avenue
    Hello auto experts. Well, like I mentioned in the title of this sad country song, I strongly suspect my car has a head gasket issue. It loses anti-freeze but there is no evidence of a leak on the ground so it must leak into the engine block. When I do fill it up with anti-freeze the engine acts as if there is water in the motor.

Now the car does run okay but the anti-freeze level is always low and because of this the heater will not blow warm air. With this information can anyone give me an estimate on replacing the head gasket and any advice on how can "band aid" the problem until I can come up with the funds to pay for this expensive repair. Will stop leak help or buy me any time?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 03:35 AM

Overheating causes aluminum heads to warp (requiring machining), valves to get damaged, and head gaskets to leak. Repairs may run $2,500. Stay away from all stop leak products.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head gasket [ 2 Answers ]

My car has a blown head gasket... how much will it cost to get fixxed:mad: :confused:

Head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 suburban and I notice on start up the smell of antifreeze, does anyone know what that could possibly indicate?

Head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 1989 120,000 miles 3dr. 1.5 std I blew the head gasket last summer and its been sitting all winter. The head gasket was replaced 30.000 miles ago but someone messed up. I just now got the head resurfaced and oem bolts and gasket per the tsb $200! 2 questions:...

Head gasket [ 3 Answers ]

My head gasket is leaking, my car seems to be running a little hot, does this mean that my gasket is about to blow?; also I'm no longer getting heat :(

View more questions Search