Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakendra08 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Looking for a better career
    I am looking for a new and interesting job and I want to get a job in administrative & clerical support but I don't have any experience but in Sales/Retail and most jobs like that wants experience, but that's what I want to do I received my diploma in June 2008. I wanted to know how can I find a job in that career with little experience.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Dec 8, 2008, 10:33 PM
    I would suggest that you go through an employment agency. That was
    What I did when I first started before I eventually found my career "niche."

Employers usually seem to feel that anyone who comes through an
    Agency has been carefully screened and tested. Additionally, there
    Is sometimes liability on the part of the employment agency if things
    Go horribly wrong with the employee. You may have to pay the
    Agency a fee for the job they find you, but I always found that the
    Jobs were well worth it. Just a suggestion.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Dec 8, 2008, 11:53 PM

Did you know that you can list class projects as experience and internships. It is valid. What I've done in past interviews is show up thinking that I Will get the job, I usually take examples of my work and talk about it. Make it look interesting, be yourself and act confident. Say, "I know I don't have much experience, but let me tell you about this wonderful project I worked on in school, which helped me bla blah bla...and I'm sure that if you give me the opportunity to obtain my experience here with you, you will not have any regrets". Always sound calm, assertive, but not desperate. Desperation can be seen from miles away. Think positive, at least you have little experience. I remember the first real job I got at 18 and I had a 3 year experience history from summer programs which prepared me for the job force. Good luck! Let us know! Also, the above advise is great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My career [ 4 Answers ]

My desire is to have my own clothing line and to be a great example to young women to feel great about themselves and still maintain an image that us young women are suppose to maintain... I draw sketches of my ideas on paper and I kind of know how to sew but I want a company with people working...

Career at TSM [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of this company TSM. They got my resume off Moster.com. This is what I received. We have reviewed your resume on Monster and would like to consider you for the position of administrative assistant/sales support within TSM. TSM Group, with its headquarters in Geneva, is the...

Career help [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working as a support executive. I want to know how is the career growth in this field. Please reply

Help with my career [ 1 Answers ]

My date of birth is 23.08.80, I really want to be something like a model but can't decide if I should pursue medicine or glamour business. Can anyone help me decide what I should be? I can't take a shot at both, if I fail to be something I won't get any other chance,so I really need to decide.help!

View more questions Search