Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TQ79 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
    An Old Game Boy Color
    Heya folks!

Recently we cleaned out our attic of all the old toys that my mother had sent over from when I was kid and we dug out an old Game Boy Color with a bunch of games for it. My 6 year old son thinks this is the greatest ever that's come out of our attic.

The Game Boy it's self is still in fairly good condition the games however not all of them seem to play properly like they'll glitch or freeze up on him. I was wondering if it's not because they're just dirty or maybe just too old to play. I went browsing sites to try and find something about cleaning them up and what have you but it seems all the results I search for are for eBay sites selling the games or sites for Game Boy Advanced or DS.

I recall my uncle used to clean them for us with a Q-tip but I for the life of me can't remember if it was the old Nintendo system games he did it on or the Game Boy games :/

Any little tips would be most appreciated, I know my little guy would love to have the games working properly. :D
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 02:06 PM

Try a cue tip because it might be dust yea, aslong as you have the right stuff to play the game and the game itself is in good nick then no game is too old to play, I still have my sega mega drive and can still play all of the games on it :) but to be honest I think it might be wear and tear on the games and possibly maybe bad storage and possible damp up in the actic during those winter months. Hope you can get them working though, good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

Nintendo ds/gameboy advance [ 7 Answers ]

Can you tell me if Game Boy advance games will work on the Nintendo DS? Is there something needed for the DS to play these games?

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Applying color after color corrector- too dark. How long do I wait to re-dye [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair red for years. I wanted to lighten up the red color a shade or two so my colorist used a color corrector and then redosited a lighter red color after the corrector was shampooed out. The color ended up very dark & not red at all so we used the color corrector a second...

View more questions Search