Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surveyproblem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Rely on my hired surveyors
    I have a current survey on my property. Someone else has had the property touching mine surved not long after.my lines are on there side or there lines our on my side.my surveyor said he is responsible if he is not correct.should I put my fence up even though someone else thinks their property is over my lines?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by surveyproblem View Post
    i have a current survey on my property. someone else has had the property touching mine surved not long after.my lines are on there side or there lines our on my side.my surveyor said he is responsible if he is not correct.should i go ahead and put my fence up even though someone else thinks their property is over my lines?

If it is a certified survey by a certified surveyor, I would guess it's correct - but if you do put the fence up and it's NOT correct you may very well have to pay to take it back down. What do your neighbors say?

How far off are the lines? A fence in most places is not allowed right on the property line, anyway, so if you're talking inches, have it erected along a line on property which is clearly yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building Surveyors thoughts required [ 1 Answers ]

I have survey sketches from a building, facts are: Very deep strip foundation into black silty topsoil and boulder clay, there has been leaking pipework which has caused movement and cracks, moisture has come through the foundation in to the basement. What remedial work would you suggest. Im...

Parents rely on prayer as a cure for their daughter's disease [ 18 Answers ]

I'm not sure as to if this is the right topic to post this in. If a moderator needs to move this then by all means please do. What are your thoughts on this: Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com What do you think should happen to the parents?

Getting hired with a dwi [ 2 Answers ]

I Was Going To Get Hired By The City Of Mcallen And They Ran A Background Check On Me And It Came Back That It Had A Dwi On 04-19-97. This Position Is For A Custodian And It Has No Info On Dwi. They Sent Me A Letter Say They Found Out I Had A Dwi And That It Was Ganna Be Part Of The Hiring Process....

Hired a bad contractor [ 7 Answers ]

Long story short; my husband and I hired a contractor to install a patio in our yard. He did a lousy job, agreed he did a lousy job, and agreed to re-do it. He ripped it out, left us with a gravel pit and we never heard from him again. After many ignored phone calls we filed against him in small...

36 weeks pregnant, EX-BF hired lawyer.. [ 1 Answers ]

good evening, all! i am new to this forum, so be nice! i am 9 months (36 weeks) pregnant, and recently broke up with the baby's father, "jack". in my opinion he is a selfish a$$hole who doesn't think about anyone besides himself, and it took me about two years to figure this out. guess i'm a...

View more questions Search