Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gracenguyen2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 02:16 AM
    How does a 13 year old become a singer?
    Hi I'm a 13 year old middle schooler. I want to become a singer! I have had experience with singing in talent shows, but I don't know if that is good enough. I've been searching and searching too, but I can't find any auditions close to home that I could go to, that don't cost money! I mean I'm only 13. I don't have a job or money. I don't want to bother my family with my selfish dream. I want to achieve my dream on my own! Should I wait till I can drive, work, or have some money at least?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 03:22 AM

Hi, gracenguyen2!

It's sounds to me like you're already a singer, but you want some sort of way for you to get noticed and recognized more. Would that be correct?

Also, do you play the piano at all?

Your dream isn't selfish. It's simply the dream that you have about something that you'd like to be. Everyone has them. If you were to let your family know about what you'd like to do, by doing so might open up some other possibilities, support and assistance for you to be able to achieve your dream.

Thanks!
    charlylongmore4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2009, 06:56 AM

Don't be worried about your parents they are hoping that you will reach your dream nomatter how big or small they are

I am going through the same thing I am 12 and I am a very talented singer so at least you are not the only person going through this

Get out there
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 1, 2009, 02:07 AM

Well Charly told you Grace no? I'm just kidding with you. Basically, if you read what everyone wrote when they replied to her 2 threads/posts, you will get the idea. You sound like another star in the making but one thing... NO, it is not a selfish dream. Just don't ever lose sight of it, OK? It sounds as though you and Charly can help each other. Trust me and read her questions and posts that follow. I hope you two are going to Hollywood together and/or New York. Wherever your little hearts desire.
    Smiles at you...
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Mar 17, 2009, 08:59 AM

YouTube! Free advertising!
    maybe3101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Hey,
    Well I have the same problem I am also 13 and I do have experence in singing, but don't know how to get there ether. But, just keep on trying and keep practicing!! Hopefully God's grace and Love is enough and he's blessed you with that gift . Be thankful for that and just keep on going and NEVER give up Hope!
    ToniBabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Im also 13 and I'm becoming more noticed ( I think ) I've just finished one of my own songs and I'm going to publish it on MySpace and Youtube, why don't you try it.. or if you don't want to make your own song then just do a song already and with me I'm getting thought to Kirk Burrowes he's big in the music industry and he got Fugative/ Harry Byart into the music industry and Harry started the same as I am, he recorded things in his own room on his own, only I've got a musician who's experisend with Status Qoe and all them. Just put some money together and buy some good mic's and things like that.
    Good Luck :) X
    Dreamer30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Im also 13 and have the same dream. Parents,Teachers,Friends everyone around me thinks I have the talent to make it big.But I just don't know how my life is singing and acting it's just a passion.Plus it's not selfish its another dream that with a lot of hard work patience and persistence could possibly one day come true I'm going to sign up for voice and I've auditioned for shows at Venice Little Theater.In fact I'm auditioning for a Christmas Carol and a few other performances when auditions come out follow your drreams and believe in yourself and possibly one day you will get discovered as a singer.
    Dreamer30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer30 View Post
    Im also 13 and have the same dream. Parents,Teachers,Friends everyone around me thinks I have the talent to make it big.But I just dont know how my life is singing and acting it's just a passion.Plus it's not selfish its another dream that with a lot of hard work patience and persistence could possibly one day come true im going to sign up for voice and I've auditioned for shows at Venice Little Theater.In fact im auditioning for a Christmas Carol and a few other performances when auditions come out follow your drreams and believe in yourself and possibly one day you will get discovered as a singer.
    Amazing she should answer everyone's questions this girl has some crazt good advice
    spanky51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 02:55 PM
    I'm 13 too and my parents want me to fill my dream I'm sure your will too... if you know how to play your voice go out there do YouTube do cover it be easy... like me I write songs my dad plays guitar he gave me music when he reliezed that I culd sing he put me in talent shows I wrote the song he played the guitar don't be afraid to follow your dream. Stick with the passion in your life
    spanky51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 06:16 PM

O darling I know you want your dreams to be a singer but you need to think being a singer can have its down besides imagine all the stress you'll have you can't be a kid anymore you will have no privacy to yourself and you won't be able to go to school you have to be home schooled doesn't sound fun huh
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 08:19 PM
    Just so people know who continue to post on this thread...

It's now very old and archived. So, it's no longer visible on the list of currently active threads. If you do have a separate question or would like to start a new discussion of some kind that will be noticed the most, then it would be best to start a new thread.

Hopefully, gracenguyen2 will return to address any recent comments that have been made on this thread.

Thanks!
    ZanderSingz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:55 AM
    I am 13 and I am already strongly following my dream, all that I have done so far is post videos on YouTube and tell all my friends to tell there friends, make and account and hook me up toghther we can become famous I am sure of it
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZanderSingz
    ZanderSingz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:56 AM

I am as well a 13 year old singer, I have been working hard to get myself noticed on YouTube and to get yourself started I think that you should do the same, check out my channel to get some ideas on how to get started
    YouTube - ZanderSingz's Channel
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 02:20 AM
    Hi, ZanderSingz!

Did you read my post #12 above, please?

Thanks!
    colts89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 09:33 PM
    I'm 13 and I'm in 8th grade and would love to be a singer so if you ggot any info please send it to me at [email protected] please I also had a little bit of lessions of how to sing a such like that I live in Utah so yeah they usually don't got any shows that I could go try out for so that's why but I got a good voice and such like that
    Kayleebabbyy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Same here. I want to be a singer I've won so many singing talent shows at my school
    Im in NC :)
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2010, 11:34 PM
    Anyone who has new questions, it would be best if you would start new threads rather than piggyback them on the questions of others.

This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

I want to become a singer! [ 12 Answers ]

OK I am new to this site and I have read a few messages from people that also have the same dream as me and that is to become a singer. But the thing is everything I have read from other people's messages is what I would write too, I have been singing since I was a little girl with my Grandad but...

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

Full year resident alien part year treaty [ 1 Answers ]

My country has a tax treaty with US. I came on J1 visa in September 2005 and got the benefit of the tax treaty till August 2007. And since September 2007 my taxes are being with held. I am considered as full year resident alien since Januarary 2007. Which tax form I need to fill up and where to...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search