Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meatbag Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Am I overreacting?
    OK so I still have major feelings for my ex. We broke up a couple months ago and since then we continued to stay in touch every now and then she would get all sentimental about our past. We still use our made up words with each other and I still call her by her pet name I had for her. But she has just been getting so distant lately when we text. But in person we have a great time. She asked me out to lunch a couple weeks ago and we had a great time. A couple days later she said she wants to leave town for college but her dad is so against it and doesn't want her to leave... and neither do I. She says nothing is set in stone but the other night she says that she doesn't want to stay here and wants to go to a university far away. There's a great college in our town. I asked her "what if I still had feelings for you? would you just forget all about me" to which she said "well no". I said to her that there is so much here for her and she just said she wants to leave basically. I got upset and said"Fine then...go I'm sorry there is no reason for you to stay" and she said to me "I never said there wasnt a reason to stay" even though she just said "I dont want to stay here" so I told her that she said basically that there was no reason to stay She just said "Whatever" and stopped texting me that night... I haven't talked to her since. That hurt me so much... and I'm scared she'll hurt me further. What should I do? I still love her.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 26, 2008, 12:20 AM

I know you still love her, but you have to let her do her own thing.

If you guilt her into staying there, she will only be bitter and resent you for it in the end.

You want her to be happy right? If she's going to be happy leaving to go off to college then be a supportive person in her life instead of making her feel bad about it.

It is difficult to let someone we love go but sometimes it is for the best
    Meatbag Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 09:21 AM

:(... your right... thankyou

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overreacting? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 (and a girl). I've been away from home for about 2 weeks and of course, haven't seen my best friend in that time (a little more than that, actually, since it's summer and we both have been kind of busy). I went over to her house just the other day though, and it was kind of awkward. We...

Am I overreacting? [ 21 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. I asked my boyfriend to come hear me sing this Sunday. I knew he didn't really want to go, but the Saturday before he said that he would talk to me in the morning and tell me whether he was going. So Sunday morning comes and he doesn't call or text or anything. So I send him...

Am I overreacting [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about 5 years now.He was out of the country for 7 months for educational purposes last year. After he has come back things have changed in a way that now he is only focused on his career.he says that the relationship is a priority for him, but his career comes...

Am I overreacting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get an objective opinion on whether I am overreacting. I've been with my wife for 9 years, and married for 7 with 2 young children and an older stepson that was from my wife's previous marriage. From the start we have had some rocky times and she always seemed to have these walls up...

View more questions Search