Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    If what he says sounds liked hatred of christianity then you must have a hatred of all that is not christian.
    And you seem to have a hatred of me, because every time that I post in a thread where you are, you make a negative personal comment about me.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Didn't you just make a negative personal comment about Cred? Do you have certain rights that others don't? The hypocrisy is outstanding.

Cred never said he hated christianity, he just is not a fan of any religion, just as you are not a fan of those without a religion.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Didn't you just make a negative personal comment about Cred? Do you have certain rights that others don't? The hypocrisy is outstanding.
    I made a negative comment about his consistent behaviour in virtually every post that he has ever put on this board and every other other one that I have been on with him.

Cred never said he hated christianity,
    He does not have to.

he just is not a fan of any religion, just as you are not a fan of those without a religion.
    I am not a fan of religion. You appear to be making assumptions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 12:23 PM

I made a negative comment about his consistent behaviour in virtually every post that he has ever put on this board and every other other one that I have been on with him.
    I was going to stay out of this, but I couldn't let this quote go without commenting.

Tom, you do exactly what you just accused Cred of doing. I've never had anything but negative comments from you because I'm not Christian. You may not see it, it's often hard to see our own shortcomings, but you do seem to dislike everyone that isn't Christian.

I do understand that it's your mission as a Christian to "spread the word" but you're going about it all wrong. You are often confrontational, arrogant and downright rude to people that don't have the same faith as you. No one likes to be talked down to, and that's exactly what you are doing, so it's no wonder that most people turn a deaf ear to you or start an argument with you.

The confrontations you have aren't because of your religion, it's because of your inability to accept anyone else right to their faith or beliefs. You have placed yourself on a pedestal, and have told everyone on this site that only your way is the true way. Of course that's going to create confrontations, how could it not?

I hope that you read this the way it is intended, as advice, not another confrontation.

Maybe now would be a good time to put the Golden rule into practice, no matter where it originated.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Tom, you do exactly what you just accused Cred of doing. I've never had anything but negative comments from you because I'm not Christian.
    Not true. Not even remotely close. I do not differentiate between opeople based upon what they believe. I different between whether doctrines are true or not, but you accused me before because you took negative comments about doctrinal beliefs to be the same as negative comments about you.

I see a number of people who interpret things that way, but I am afraid that if people cannot accept disagreement, that is not my issue, and as I said before, if you cannot accept disagreement, perhaps internet discussion boards are not the place for you.
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 12:42 PM

You have a right to your opinion, but I disagree. The only one I really butt heads with is you Tom, what does that tell you?

If everyone disagrees with you, if everyone is confrontational with you, then sooner or later you have to look at yourself and realize that maybe you're the problem, not everyone else.

Tom, is there anyone on this site that you've managed not to alienate? Can you discuss religion with anyone who isn't a Christian? If not, then you have to ask yourself why that is.

I'm not trying to put you down, not at all, I'm merely trying to point out why you have such a problem with the majority of the people on this site.

Tom, if you really are here to discuss things then you have to realize that your way isn't working. All you seem to do is push people away, until you realize that, fix it and start talking to people with respect, well, you won't get any in return and I'm afraid you'll just keep going in circles.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 01:37 PM
    If what he says sounds liked hatred of christianity then you must have a hatred of all that is not christian.
    Study The Talmud!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    Study The Talmud!
    Nah, I don't need a new book of fiction in my life.
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    Study The Talmud!
    Which page Mag, that's a long book I'm not willing to read cover to cover. ;)
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You have a right to your opinion, but I disagree. The only one I really butt heads with is you Tom, what does that tell you?
    Well, I have seen you butt heads with others, but that does not matter. You told me that we as Christians must accept other religions as equal and when we would not, you went after us. You said that you were unwilling to consider any evidence which disagreed with what you wanted to believe. You said that if we disagreed with you, that we were attacking you as a person.

That is not my issue. You are certainly welcome to believe as you wish, and you are certainly welcome to challenge my beliefs as strongly as you wish. But you have no right to tell me that I cannot disagree with you or challenge your beliefs.

Nor do you have the right to go after me or anyone else as a person.

Now, instead of trying to, as you put it "butt heads" with me, why don't you just discuss respectfully?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Golden showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is it OK to recieave them with out any problems

6 year old Golden that won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy Doug is a 6 year old Golden. He has had health problems before (allergies, ear infections, hot spots). Just recently he developed a hot spot on his face. After three days of trying to get it to go down I relented and took him to the VET. He was ordered to take Prednisolone, and...

New Golden [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my boyfriend and I are getting a new golden retriever puppy in the next couple weeks. The breeder said that we can come and get her anytime after she is 7 weeks old. I have heard that taking a puppy from its mother in the 7th week can be bad. Should we wait until 8 weeks or is it okay to...

Golden Rule: [ 19 Answers ]

Is the independent value of a person implied in the Golden Rule, e.g. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" (Luke 6:31, Matt. 7:12) HANK :)

View more questions Search