Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NJROTC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Need ideas for a charity event!
    I want to help a charity and don't know how to do so. I need some ideas of what to do and how to go about doing so. If you could give me a name of a charity that I can help or anything that I can do please notify me.
    Your answer is highly appreciated! Thanks!! :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 09:26 PM

What type of charity do you want to help

You have food kitches, you have the united way, there are dozens of events in every city.

Even my own church has a elderly ministry, a teen off the street ministry, a food kitchen where we feed homeless for lunch.

There are similar in every city.
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 09:19 PM

My company supports various charities during Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. This year we are just donating money to the local homeless shelter and ask that each employee contribute any amount between $5 and $200. Check to see if your company can do something similar. If you want to do it on your own, you can give them money or volunteer your time. They would appreciate both.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 03:52 AM

Hi, NJROTC!

I do have an additional idea for you other than that which has already be presented.

How about speaking with local city officials and maybe some churches about what might be a good thing for which to have some sort of benefit event? When you know who the person or charity is, then you could organize some others who might like to perform music for free and have a cover charge for others to get into the event and also encourage the others to bring things that might benefit the person or the charity.

A local church or community center of some kind might even be willing to donate the use of their facilities for the event.

Just some thoughts for you...

Thanks!
    latinalocks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 03:48 PM

A simple way to get money is to do something inexpensie like a car wash. All you have to do is find someplace that will let you use their parking lot and you should get some friends and you are set!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 29, 2009, 04:04 PM

Look into a charity that actually gives most of the donation to the charity, I refuse to donate to breast cancer an unicef only about 17% of your donation actually goes to the cause
    ajet5266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly View Post
    look into a charity that actually gives most of the donation to the charity, i refuse to donate to breast cancer an unicef only about 17% of your donation actually goes to the cause
    That is not true for all breast cancer places
    tom_samm22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 08:19 PM
    I like to help for the socity for that I'm developing one social web site my qusetion is if any one donate the money
    What is process.. how can I spend the money did I show any account or there is any rules for this... please help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charity at school [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm raising money for breast cancer campaign for my pshe corsework we have to raise money for out chosen charity so I'm doing breast cancer with two of my friends and anyway I was wondering if anyone had any tips that would help me sell more stuff then anyone else, like is there any think I can...

Charity organizations [ 2 Answers ]

In the area where I live there are the goodwill stores and I do not understand how these stores are regulated? One of the stores in my area has stuff piled up from floor to ceiling everywhere with do not touch signs. They are selling items in a small space and it seems everything that IS for sale...

Charity name [ 4 Answers ]

Which charity can I write to get help with finance help for low paid family, need to buy furnitures and a holiday and help with getting central heating installed

Sponsorship donations for charity event [ 0 Answers ]

If I am working with a non-profit 501c3 event such as a dinner to raise $ for this nonprofit group and I offer "sponsorship" options or "ads" in our program, and I want to ask for X amount of money for Gold Sponsorship and have a portion be tax-deductible and go directly to the charity with the...

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search