Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmcget01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:43 PM
    GE icemaker in freezer is squirting water inside the freezer
    I have a GE side by side refrigerator with the ice and water in the door. My filter was clogged for about a week causing both the ice and water to stop working. A friend of mine came over and shook the ice bin quite violently trying to get the last bit of ice loosened up. A few days later we changed the filter and turned the ice maker back on. Both the water and ice began working except now, the ice maker makes a little bit of ice and squirts the rest of the water all over the back of the freezer. There is now a thick layer back there so we turned the icemaker off. Also, when you push the button to get ice, it will click but the arm in the icemaker that loosens up the ice and pushes it through the dispenser will not move. I am wondering if the motor is frozen from all of the water that has iced up around and behind the icemaker. I am also wondering if these problems occurred because my friend shook the bin so hard. Any suggestions on what is going on?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 01:45 AM
    The only way to tell is to pull the icemaker and let all the ice defrost. Replace the unit and make sure the water tube extension that fits in the ice maker is in the proper position. It could have been knocked loose with all the shaking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE icemaker leaking into freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE icemaker model CAN9 that is leaking into the freezer compartment. The fill tube coming into the freezer is freezing up. It does still make a few cubes but more water runs down the inside back wall of the freezer.

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Too much water in freezer? [ 3 Answers ]

I opened my freezer and the ice maker bucket was a solid block of half frozen water as well as the bottom of the freezer having about a 1/2 inch of frozen water in it. I took all the food out and defrosted the water, cleaned it up and then turned the ice maker back on to see if it was the ice...

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search