Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 4, 2008, 01:27 PM

I would love to see brother against brother, it would make a great storyline. But who would Archie root for?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 01:31 PM

Haha. I would love that game. I think they wouldn't wear either jersey, then at halftime whoever was up they might slip on that jersey. Haha
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2008, 07:09 AM

Ha Ha. When Joe Morris used to play for the Giants, his brother played for the Redskins. When the Giants played the Redskins his father would wear one teams jersey and their mother would wear the other teams jersey and at halftime they would switch jerseys.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 07:11 AM

Haha. That would be the best thing to do. It would be quite funny!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 06:33 PM
    I would kill myself from the over the top media coverage of a Manning vs. Manning Superbowl. :eek:

That said, I am wishing for Jets vs. Giants. But I actually think it will be Steelers vs. Giants.
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 11:37 AM

Yes, Steelers vs. Giants is a likely game. Also maybe Steelers vs. Panthers!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 10:53 AM

The colts are the hottest team in the NFL right now. Don't let the wildcard seeding fool you. Might just be Manning vs Manning.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 10:57 AM

Thank You Spitvenom!!

I am a huge Colts fan and I think you and me are the only ones here that think that
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I agree the Colts look good lately. They should kill the Chargers in the first round. My other picks for the first round are Falcons, Dolphins and Eagles.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 02:03 PM

Bears s*ck!

Stringer
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 10:09 AM

So, you hear that they fired the Lions, Browns, and Jets Head coach? Kind of funny, kind of sad. There are so many coaches getting fired this year!
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 07:18 AM

How about Mike Shanahan getting fired. I didn't see that coming at all! I mean yeah the Broncos haven't been that great lately but man.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 07:51 AM

I didn't hear that one, I heard today that 49's offensive coordinator was fired. It seems like somebody else was fired. I think some offensive and defensive coordiantors here and there. Teams just keep disposing of Coaches like nothing. Didn't it start with Oakland's Coach in the start of the season? Now would be a bad time to be a coach in the NFL. Haha
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:42 AM

Oakland changes their coach almost every year. When is Al Davis going to wake up and realize the coach isn't the problem it is him. I feel bad for Oakland fans because that team is never going to improve until Al Davis is no longer the owner. Unfortunately I don't think he will ever give up ownership until he is dead.

Here is a link for the Mike Shanahan story ESPN - Denver Broncos fire Mike Shanahan after season falls apart
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:52 AM
    The problem is we have such a "win now" culture in sports. The coaches are given no slack for mistakes, off years or injuries. Critics feel Denver didn't play to their potential this year - so out with Shanahan.

Now who's going to fill all these vacancies? Mike Holmgren and Bill Cowher seem to be serious about not working next year. When defensive coordinators get promoted to first time coaches, will the fans and media be patient with them? Probably not.

I understand that it's big business, but it's getting crazy.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:58 AM

I think it is funny how 2 weeks ago EVERYONE in Philly was screaming get rid of Reid and McNabb. Ok so who replaces them? Seriously the Eagles back up Kevin Kolb played half a game and got destroyed by the Ravens.

We have that Win Now culture in football but it takes a 2 or 3 years for a team and coach to really get to know each other. Atlanta well I am still shaking my head about how they are so good so fast.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 31, 2008, 09:00 AM

Ravens all the way for sure
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I think it is funny how 2 weeks ago EVERYONE in Philly was screaming get rid of Reid and McNabb. Ok so who replaces them? Seriously the Eagles back up Kevin Kolb played half a game and got destroyed by the Ravens.

We have that Win Now culture in football but it takes a 2 or 3 years for a team and coach to really get to know each other. Atlanta well I am still shaking my head about how they are so good so fast.
    Atlanta had no controversy this year and the media and fans left them alone and expected nothing from them. So they quietly did their jobs and focused on football.

The Eagles fans were crazy - there's a real chance they could make it to the Super Bowl. They are the only one's with a chance to beat the Giants.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull View Post
    The Eagles fans were crazy - there's a real chance they could make it to the Super Bowl. They are the only one's with a chance to beat the Giants.
    I was keeping that to myself thinking I would be laughed off the thread. But the eagles are scrappy and they find ways to win. I think they should get by the Vikings and they already proved they can beat the Giants. It's just whaty Eagles team will show up. It is going to be an exciting playoffs. Ravens have a real shot at getting to the Super Bowl. If I were a betting man (which I am) I would bet on a Manning vs Manning
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 09:55 PM
    I think it will be a disappointing weekend for the home teams... but anything can happen, that's why they play the games...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Previous superbowl winners [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one give me a list of previous super bowl winners and years from Super Bowl I

2007 Superbowl, Colts vs. Bears [ 8 Answers ]

Are the Colts really that good of a team? I just think that they didn't face any hard offenses. But still they did beat the number 1, 2, and 3 defenses. Just looking for some feedback on this question.

Superbowl [ 4 Answers ]

What was the last host city to have their team in the superbowl?

View more questions Search