Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rfulmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Son is being confused
    Hello,
    I am really at my wits end here. I have a now 3 year old son. His real father is not on the New Jersey birth certificate but my ex-boyfriends name is. We went to court and he was given joint custody woith me and there was not a paternity test perform. I am living in New York and I have three children . Two from a previous marriage. I want to move to Florida where my family is as I cannot afford to continue to live in New York without Child Support.
    Is there any way I could just leave the state and make him fight me in Florida for custody? I know ho the biological father is I am just unsure of his present whereabouts. Please help a desperate mom.:(
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 04:43 PM

Do you have joint legal and physical custody? Does the legal father have visitation? If he does even if it is only one hour a month you can not move with out permission from the court. How long ago did you go to court over custody? Did you request a DNA test when you went to court over custody? Whoever is on the because is the legal father so it really dosen't matter who the bio father is at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I so confused [ 5 Answers ]

Hi can someone tell me what to do with my boyfriend he calls me once every other day but when we talk for like 5 minutes he says oh I'm bz I gtg and I'm like OK will you call me back he says yes I will but than he doesn't call so I ring him and as I ask him why you didn't call back he yells at me...

So confused [ 2 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend (16) and I (15) have been going out for about 10 months now. And things were really good for like the first8 or 9. I mean we had our moments, but nothing that didn't go away. But now he is really distant with me, both physically and emotionally. Like we used to talk on the phone...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me my period is nearly 2 months late I have had loads off negative test so I don't think I'm pregnant but the thing is I have having unprotected intercourse a lot in the past 2 months and now I'm getting bad cramps and cloudy discharge and feeling tired going the toilet a lot and...

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

As I mentioned I got record of shoplifting 17 yrs ago got finger printed and pay a100.00 $ and provation one for year, lately I check the police clearance and surprised that I don't have any criminal record is this a mistake? But I'm glad... anyway. So anyone could explain what happen why it says...

I'm really confused [ 3 Answers ]

OK this is the problem first of all I am 21 years old and I really like two guys and they really like me but I can't decide between them. I mean benny is sweet and romantic and he is everything a romeo would be but he is only 18. And rikki is like the most amazing conversationalist and he...

View more questions Search