Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2008, 12:12 PM
    STRESSED--hurting the baby!
    My husband and I really need prayer right now. We are not doing all that well. Our financial situation is crushing us, which, in turn is putting a strain on our relationship. I am stressing out over money, bills, etc. and I know I don't need to be. Being 5 months pregnant, everything I do affects the baby.

I am stressed about finding somewhere to live, because our tiny 1 bedroom apartment is not going to work when the baby gets here. I am stressed about bills and money, we don't bring home enough (paycheck) to pay the bills. The only reason we have survived this long in Tyler is because of the money we saved while still in Carthage and the loan money from the school. That's all gone now. I am stressed about whether I should continue to go to school next semester. I might have to drop all my classes 1 month before the semester ends (that's when the baby is due). I don't want to pay for the classes, be ALMOST done with them, have to drop them, then have to RE-pay to take them again. Then again, I don't want to just quit school.

We can barely provide for ourselves.
    I am terrified that we are not going to be able to provide for Katy (the baby)!

I am so stressed and depressed that my head hurts, I keep crying and my stomach hurts. I know this is all VERY VERY bad for the baby. And I am trying to calm down, but these fears just won't go away.

PLEASE PRAY FOR US! WE DESPERATELY NEED IT! THANK YOU!
    VeNN11 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 12:18 PM

I will be praying for you.

I know many people don't like to do this, but at least in our community we have a church that is very helpful to struggling families like you. If you can find a church or a group that would be able to help you out, I can promise that they would be more than happy to do what they can.

I know that doesn't ease the fear of the financial stability, and I know its very tough. Stressing and worrying about it however, will do nothing to help. Do what you can and take it one day at a time. It will not be like this forever.

Just remember stressing and worrying/crying, what is it going to do to help your financial status? Nothing. All it will do is put stress on you AND they baby, which in turn could possibly cause more financial problems.

Just remember, its tough now, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Know your in my prayers. If you need somebody to talk to, I'm more than willing to talk.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 12:20 PM

Yes, if you are not working, go to work, perhaps school part time latter. If he is not working two jobs, perhaps another part time job, you do what you have to do.

And if for now you have to live in small apartment, you live I a small apartment
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2008, 12:26 PM

VeNN... we don't go to a church. We did before we moved, but now we are in a different city and can't go to church. We read the Bible together from time to time, but we don't have time to go to church.

Fr_Chuck... we both work and go to school. Our days consist of waking up, getting dresses, going to school, going home, changing into work clothes, going to work, going home, eating dinner, going to sleep. Just to wake up and do it all over again. We don't have any time to rest (not sleep, REST)... on the days we are not working we are at school, on the weekends (no school) we are working. Our apartment is so small, we still have packed boxes lined up against the walls of the dining room. There is no room to unpack stuff or to put the packed boxes.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Nov 25, 2008, 12:33 PM

Sounds like school might have to be put on hold.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 12:44 PM

I think Fr_Chuck has the right idea though, it would be more productive if you were to not enroll in school this semester. If you were to pay for classes and drop them you have only spent a lot of money and not gotten any further ahead. In addition once the baby is delivered you will probably qualify for some financial assistance through the school that would help you go back to complete it.

Then in the mean time you can possible pick up your hours working while you can, get another job, some additional income would be helpful for your situation.

A baby is not aware that she is in a tiny one bedroom apartment, she is only concerned you are taking care of her. Diapers and formula can cause a great deal of additional burden on a struggling household, do as much as you can and see if the state offers programs that might be able to assist you through these troubling times.

Don't carry the weight on your shoulders, you are causing yourself undue stress, you will be in my prayers, but you will find that things work out when you focus day to day.

Nov 25, 2008, 02:18 PM

Yes. Things will work out.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Nov 25, 2008, 02:34 PM

Do you think the two of you can qualify for state assistance? Like help with your bills, food stamps etc? I know with school you might be able to qualify for something, if not now then definitely when baby is born. Have you filled out your fafsa? If not do it. You can get grants from it. Also try FastWeb: Scholarships, Financial Aid and Colleges you will fill out a survey about yourself and then it will pop up scholarships and grants you qualify for. They may only be $250 or smaller but every bit helps. If you have to, go to school part time.

Slowly start buying your baby stuff. If you have to buy things second hand then do it. You really don't need a brand new $500 crib or $250 crib bedding. Be frugal. Try craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums select your state, then city, then click baby/children and it will have a list of people in your area selling baby items. Do you think you can qualify for WIC? I think they give you milk, cheese, formula, and I don't know what else but some other stuff. That can help too. Everything will work itself out. Don't even stress about it, save every penny, and in the end everything will be fine.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 02:40 PM

Maybe your should try and get some storage bens and some space savers for your closets. I added a second bar in my first apartment closet because I didn't have a lot of room.

You can also save money by buying some of the baby things, like cribs, stroller, etc from second stores or craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums people are always selling baby stuff on there instead of throwing them away and sometimes you might find someone giving away something for free. Just click on your state and stroll down to baby+kids

How you apply for WIC, that can help with formula and I think they will give you vouchers for milk, fruit, juice, cereal, etc for yourself while your pregnant. Check it out.

Remember where there is a will there is a way. Keep your head up and try not to stress yourself out.

Nov 25, 2008, 03:19 PM

The best advice is to check into local and government assistance. If you can get online I'm sure you can find info there. If not, pick up a phone book and make some calls. You still have 4 months to fill out papers and qualify. Also, if you have any family willing to throw you a shower... by all mean LET THEM! You would be amazed at all the necessary things you can get from a shower. And hit yard sales, flea markets, second-hand stores, local church giveaways, village food pantries. There is no shame when it comes to providing for and taking care of your family. And most of all, relax... have him give you a foot massage and just chill. I know there isn't a lot of time but take time to take a bath, soak up the feel goods and try to be laid back. Things WILL work out.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 03:32 PM

Becca, I didn't see your post before I posted mines and I couldn't delete it. I guess we had the same thing in mind.

I hope see uses the information.
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2008, 03:43 PM

Do yourself a favor and talk to your doctor, you could be really endangering the little one. I was depressed my whole pregnancy because I found out their father was cheating on me and got another girl pregnant at the same time I was and then they moved to miami together and got married. My doctor did help me and I had beautiful healthy twin baby girls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stressed Mom [ 10 Answers ]

I would appreciate feedback from parents of teenagers. I have a 15 year old son who recently stole my car in the middle of the night and wrapped it around a hydro pole. He is being charged with Careless driving, driving without a license and my husband and I had to charge him with Theft of a motor...

I'm very stressed. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This is pari. I am very stessed now a days... I am married and my hubby loves me and take care of a lot. But a few days ago I came to know that he talks to some girl over th pone. I asked him about it but he denied, he said he never talked to any girl... but I have her no... and I'm pretty...

I just had a baby 5 months ago and overys are hurting really bad [ 4 Answers ]

OK I just had a little boy back in sept and for the past 3 months my overys have been hurting and I was wonderingif anyone haad ever had something like this happen and what could be causeing it

Hurting baby when pregnant and having sex [ 10 Answers ]

I'm recently pregnant and my boyfriend is afraid to have sex with because he thinks he's going to poke the baby in the head, is that possible?:(

I'm so Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

I just need somwun to talk to I been so stressed. Well lets see how to start, I've been with this girl for 5 years we had a baby together she's 7 months, we've been on and off I really love her, we gotten into a fight and she just went crazy, I woke up yesterday with the police at my house saying I...

View more questions Search