Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Nov 25, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Sing Sing Prison
    Is there a list anywhere that list all the people who were executed at Sing Sing Prison.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Hello path:

Sure, but you'll have to visit the NY State Archives in Albany. Here's what they say they've got:

B0147. Admission registers for prisoners to be executed, 1891-1946. R .5 cu. ft. (2 volumes)

These volumes contain summary information on inmates who were sentenced to be executed. They include inmate name, sentencing information, place of birth, age, occupation, marital status, physical description, and information on family and background.

B0145. Case files of inmates sentenced to electrocution, 1939-1963. R 15 cu. ft.

These files contain a significant number of records relating to each inmate sentenced to death at Sing Sing. Among other records these files include: warrant of execution; investigation report; notice of appeal; correspondence relating to the inmate; record of past offenses; Sing Sing admission form; receiving blotter; medical examination report; psychologist report; certification of execution; and a post-mortem report.

B1244. Log of actions relating to inmates scheduled for execution, 1915-1967. R .4 cu. ft. (2 volumes)

This log tracks events relating to inmates scheduled for execution at Sing Sing. The volume provides name and inmate number, date received, county of sentencing, the week the execution was scheduled, name and address of family, and name of attorney. The log notes date of actions such as: receipt of appeals; receipt of respite or commutation by the governor; notice received from Court of Appeals affirming execution decision; discharge by reversal of judgement; and time execution was performed.

B1242. Log of actions relating to inmates awaiting execution, 1892-1907. . 3 cu. ft. (1 volume)

This volume includes names of inmates under a death sentence and dates of actions relating to them. Actions include commutation to life sentence; grant of new trial; died while awaiting execution; escaped; awaiting execution; and disposition of case on reversal of judgement.

excon
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Nov 28, 2008, 06:09 AM

Thanks, I had a relative that was executed there in 1921.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The right song to sing. [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm Hayley, I'm 16 and I'm part of a theatre school in Billingham, UK. Erm, we're all about developing new skills and learning new things everyday, and so our director comes up with an idea that will apparantly boost our confidences, but also let him get to know us a little more. He's decided...

I want to sing, but how? [ 19 Answers ]

I am 13 years old but I want to start my singing career anytime now, if anyone knows how to start or someone who is an agent that can help me, please email me at >Removed< That would really help me a lot thanks Danielle :)

What Song Should I Sing? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm trying out for this music group at my school and I have to audition with a song from Disney. I have a soprano voice but I have no clue what to sing. I am a girl and need a song with only a girl part. . . Anyone know a good one?

I can sing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Nikkie I'm 21 I'm from Miami Florida,but I'm in Macon Georgia and I can sing!! I drove from Miami to Orlando to be on American Idol and I got a judge who was races and very rude!! Then I went to New Orleans and got the same judge!! I want to prove that I have a voice that will blow...

View more questions Search