Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gskjaguar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Beckett oil burner-forced hot air
    My furnace doesn't start up when the temperature drops. It restarts when Iuse the reset button. What do you think the problem is?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Your furnace needs to be serviced by a competent HVAC professional. The control,cad cell, or other part is probably defective. Having to hit the reset button indicates a problem burning the oil or in the oil delivery to the gun burner assembly and a system service is required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett AFG Oil Burner [ 9 Answers ]

Before I call a repair man would anyone here have an answer to why my oil burner will not kick on? Because of the cost of oil and the summer months offering some relief from the expense I decided to switch off the emergency switch so my expense on heating the hot water would be limited. For 2 days...

Beckett model AFG burner flame-out [ 14 Answers ]

This season is the first time ever that this has happened. The furnace starts, gets a flame, runs for a while, then it flames-out. It sounds like the oil pump is still running (I hear like a spraying sound). Nothing shuts off. Then the flame will come on again, but may continue flaming-out...

Beckett Oil Burner AFG [ 8 Answers ]

The Beckett AFG caused some trouble this year when my grandchildren accidentally turned off the EMERGENCY OIL Burner switch at the top of the stair case.. For some reason it caused water to spray out flooding the floor. I'd like to know how this could be prevented? I was told by the repair man the...

How to prime a beckett burner on oil furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a used furnace, approximately 3 years old. I am trying to prime the burner but the pump is not running long enough. The literature I have says to bypass the timer. How do I do this?

Beckett oil burner for forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the oil burner make a high pitched noise when firing?

View more questions Search