Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LIMP BIZKET Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 10:55 AM
    It may be the iacv or knock sensor, when my dad changed the knock sensor the stalling stop but know i still have two sensors on the baro so there's a minor shaking,the sensors i need to replace is throttle position sensor, and the iacv. So there is three sensors that may be causing ur problem
    LIMP BIZKET Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 10:59 AM
    I have the same car 01 civic ex vtech
    RIC6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 07:50 AM
    I had a similar problem with my 2001 civic LX sedan. The car had a rough idle for a while(no stalling), then one morning it didn't want to idle at all(it kept shutting off), so I inspected the air hoses,electrical connectors,etc.. Everything was OK,I was thinking the problem might be in the throttle body, so I discussed my issue with a friend who owns a shop and his suggestion was what I was thinking (the throttle body gets build up in it and should be cleaned once in a while),so I went to purchase a throttle body cleaner spray. I sprayed the throttle body a few times and revved the car to blow it out, sure enough that seem to be the issue, the car ran great and no further idling problems were noticed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic high idle [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1991 civic and I can't get it smogged because the idle won't go below 2000 rpm until it warms up then it surges. Any ideas what the problem could be?

95 Civic,Rough idle [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 1995 Honda Civic with a strange problem. It will run great for awhile and then it will start to jerk while cruising. When it comes to a stop light, the idle will be very rough. It almost seems like the car is not getting enough gas.It wasn't doing it consistently enough to bring it to...

Honda civic idle trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this forum but id like to ask some question My civic is a 2000 model vtec 1.6 (manual tansmission) and has some idling problem It stalls if the engine is cold when I drive it. The only time it stall when I shift it into neutral, but when its hot its OK. I never had this kind of...

89 honda civic Stalling, hesistation problem now it won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Just recently purchased this 89 Honda Civic. It has a little problem with muffler but ran fine. Recently the car has been stalling while driving at any speed and restarting immediately or seconds later. I thought it was the gas so I switched from hess to mobil and bought a higher grade. It worked...

'95 Honda Civic DX stalling/starting problems [ 4 Answers ]

Last night my car stalled out on me after I made a right turn. When I eased it into a parking spot it refused to start back up. Doing some checks it cranks but there seems to be no fuel hitting the engine(sorry not too familiar with the inner workings of the car). I thought it might be the...

View more questions Search