Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    draken Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2003, 02:10 PM
    Pregnancy while training Aikido
    ??
    Hi there

I do Ki Aikido, and train about 5 times a week (total 8 hours per week) - I am planning on starting a family soon but would hate to give up my Aikido while pregnant.

I've heard that one can still train, just with added precaution and adapting the training. Could you perhaps give me some ideas and opinions here?

Of course hubby not too happy with the idea so this question is actually for both of us!! :P
    HealingMindN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2003, 10:41 PM
    Pregnancy while training Aikido
    ::) Dear Draken,

I believe the general rule is about two months into gestation since well defined formation of the fetus has taken place by then.

Ask your sensei for a special set of internal exercises which you can perform until labor. I know that Taoist kung fu provides "Deer Exercises" to prepare women for an easier birth. An experienced aikido instructor should be able to provide the necessary internal exercises.

For more information please see my female sexual health page at:

http://777-health.com/female_sexual_health.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Training for 5K [ 2 Answers ]

I've reluctantly agreed to do a 5K one month from today- I'm overweight (5' 5" and 170lbs:( ) and very out of shape so I need to start training. Any suggestions on how to start? Currently the only exercise I get outside of normal daily activities of caring for a home and 2 small children is...

Training to lie down [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to get our 3 1/2 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback to stay down. She will sit on command and she will lie down if we are using a treat reward but she will not stay lying down. With a treat in my palm I will slowly drop my hand to the floor and then away from her and give the command down...

Job training [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Ghanaian and completed my Tertiary education in 2004,had done my national service.I have had a hard time finding job because I am told during interview that I have no job training. I did mechanical eng. Ples help me out Nat

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search