Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjr1115 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Burners stay on blower shuts down
    I have a tech-4 true blue 90 furnace. The problem I am having is that the blower shuts down during the heat cycle. The burners keep running after the blower shuts down until the high limit switch shuts them down. Immediately after the burners shut down the blower comes back on and the burners will fire up again, this continues until the thermastat temp. is reached. I can turn the fan to manual and the furnace will run right up to temp. and then shut down (fan still running of course). Fan makes no noise and will run all day on manual.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 24, 2008, 05:33 PM

Assuming you have a multi-speed blower motor, my first conclusion would be that what ever speed you are using for heat is failing. Motor starts up and runs but pulls high amps and then eventually goes off on internal overload protection. When the motor stops CAREFULLY reach your hand in and feel the motor. Not the squirrel cage but the actual motor housing. If it is hot then chances are you will need to replace the blower.

Replace the blower lol. There is a joke in there about wives/girlfriends/significant others but I'll keep it clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burners on gas furnace shuts off so furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Last week, I woke up and the temperature on the thermostat read 65 degrees. That's a little chilly for me. The thermostat was set at 72 degrees. The furnace was blowing cool air. I removed the front panel of the furnace and the burners were not on. When reset, the electrical pilot light work...

Burners do not stay lit. [ 3 Answers ]

Burners do not stay lit. I have a brand new Goodman GPG13 package unit with a 138,000 BTU natural gas furnace. The furnace has six (6) burners and an electronic spark ignition. All burners light, then (after about one (1) minute) the bottom burner or bottom two burners sputter or just go out may...

Why will my burners not stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

My forced air furnace does not stay lit when the heat is turned on. I climbed into the attic where it is located and had my wife set the thermostat to heat. I observed the burners light and watched the Honeywell limit switch start to do it's thing but after about a minute the limit switch...

Burners won't stay lit! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My furnace will come on when it is supposed to, glow plug will glow, then after a few seconds the burners will come on, but they will not stay on. They fire up for about five seconds then shout down. This will cycle a couple of time then the furnace then just totally quits. Ant ideas? ...

Burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

-- need more help in figuring out flame sensor or roll out switch - Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch)---burners light for 1 or 2 seconds, then go out

View more questions Search