Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shesforme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Why did my girlfriend break up with me?
    My girlfriend is being deployed at the end of January for Iraq. She broke up with me a month ago saying "I lost feelings for you because of my training for Iraq." I know there might be other reasons but reading up on soldiers and their deployments many soldiers do break things off when they really don't want to. I'm getting calls and text messages and can sense care and sadness in her voice. I did a lot of sole searching and I want her to be my last girlfriend. I know to be supportive and comforting in a time like this, which I am doing. I also am giving her space which she needs to sort through her feelings and emotions. My world is just spinning out of control and she really doesn't know how much this breakup and deployment is wrecking havoc on me.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 12:20 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. If you care about her, truly, then stop thinking of yourself, friend. You think you have it bad? Try putting on a military uniform, picking up a gun and stepping into a conflict zone.

You'll have to swallow your pride here and let her go, if that's her call. You do it. She has bigger fish to fry than nursing a relationship with you, one she's indicating she's not up to continuing in light of her reality. Respect that.

Wish her well, mean it, and don't give her any guff. She doesn't need it from you, not right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants a break? [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together now for almost 5 years. I am madly in love with her and am ready to spend the rest of my life with her. She knows this but at the time she is confused about what she wants. The past 6 months have not been the best part of our relationship. I could feel her...

What should I do, when I think my girlfriend wants to break up [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years and I love her with my whole heart. I am 2 years older than her and graduated from high school dating her. I stayed close tgo her because I never felt that way about a girl before. Anyway, I thought we were doing good, but all of a sudden she...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

My Girlfriend wants a Break [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over two years now, We met at work when I was 17 and she was 16. Through the last two years we have been through so much together and have experienced a lot together. She went to my senior prom and I went to her's, we gave each other promise rings...

View more questions Search