Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tashidepa8 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Drug testing
    Does UPS drug test for package handlers?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 2, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Jobs don't usually do drug testing unless the job involves handling large sums of money or involves public safety such as a pilot or bus driver, but in the post 9/11 world, employers are getting more strict, so you can't be sure until you apply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 07:42 PM

Yes, they do drug testing, almost all major employors are doing drug tests, most have for a long time.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Feb 2, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Jobs don't usually do drug testing unless the job involves handling large sums of money or involves public safety such as a pilot or bus driver,
    That is so so wrong. I've been tested for some really BS jobs in my life. An employer does not want to hire someone that may come to work high and cause any type of decline in productivity. This is one reason why if you get injured on the job they ship you straight to the hospital for treatment of your injury AND testing for drugs and alcohol. Factor in that a lot of unions make it almost impossible to get fired for being high at work, at least on the first occurrence. These days the company will have to send the person in for treatment. As far as UPS you can bet your rear end that they will test their employees, especially package handlers/drivers. Best way to avoid the problem is obviously not to get high.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:07 PM

I run a restaurant, and I drug test even the busboys. Like Mark said, I prefer people that I can count on. This doesn't mean that drug users are unreliable nor does it mean that sober people are reliable, but it's a weedout process.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Feb 2, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    it's a weedout process.
    No pun intended? :p
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 3, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Wow, this was a big surprise. I live in Canada and have had 12 jobs in my life. I have never been asked to do a drug test and have only had to pass a background check twice. Maybe its because I live in a small town where many people know each other, but there sure are some major differences in security in the USA.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 07:46 AM

Most employers do drug test. I however work in the computer industry I have never been tested for any of the jobs I have gotten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug testing [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for weed to get out of your system for a physical/urine test? Does drinking a lot of water help it get out faster?

Drug Testing [ 1 Answers ]

How long does Vicodin stay in the system?

Drug testing for a job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys.. I have to take a hair drug test this week. I've only smoked pot once in the last 90 days. 48 days ago to be exact, and I only took 2-3 hits. Do you think I'll pass the test??

Drug testing [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for loratab7.5 to get out of your system? I really need to know because I have a pending drug test at my job!! :confused:

Drug testing [ 2 Answers ]

How long do xanax pills stay in your system

View more questions Search