Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Rental Assistance
    I am a single mom of twins and I am the only one supporting them. I do not have much money well really no money at all since I work full time and pay a million bills. However I need to get out of my parents house simply because my 31 year old brother is still at home and is a drug addict and alcoholic, I do not want this around my children they are only 10 months old. How do I go about getting some type of rental assistance for an apartment? Or help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 02:52 PM

How much child support does the children's father pay?
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2008, 02:59 PM

None, I am going through child support right now to try and get him served with papers for a paternity test. But its going to take forever because I am going through the state, he lives in Florida with his wife (the girl he cheated on me with) and their son that was born 2 1/2 weeks prior to my daughters being born.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:07 AM

Check with places like the Salvation Army, HUD, United Way, Catholic Charities,

Here are some links
    help paying rent, free home repair help: HOUSING HELP

Chicago federation steps up with $93,000 in relief for local agencies and food pantries | The Fundermentalist | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Even if they can not help you they can refer you to places that can help you
    lilwhitejeep Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 09:31 PM

Check in to the Family Independence Agency, I believe they would be another helpful agency that if they could not help directly could get you started in the right direction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 11:31 AM

And section 8, at least get on the waiting list, here in Atlanta they are not even taking applications for at least one year

But check with your social worker, assuming you have one to get insurance on the kids, medicaid, wic and other government programs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a car rental company deny local residence of rental? [ 10 Answers ]

Yesterday we just landed in LAX after a vacation trip. I've booked online for a car with Deluxe Car Rental. When we showed up at their counter, they said they can not rent me a car since I have a local(southern California) address. Their new policy recently changed was for out of state residence...

What assistance can I get? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in Texas from June 10 through christmas sometime. I am from Florida. I am a mother of two kids and they are with me. I came here for my sisters wedding and my husband okayed this. I am finding a job to help make ends meet while I am here. But now my husband refusses to send any money to...

I need some assistance! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Statistics and I'm having a hard time with this problem. I keep on trying it but I keep messing up somewhere. Could someone please help? A bank's loan officer rates applicants for credit. The ratings are normally distributed with mean of 200 and standard deviation of 50. If an...

Rental assistance [ 1 Answers ]

I need rental assistance in Franklin County Ohio. Are there any organizations besides Jobs&family services that I can go to?

Rental relocation/assistance? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment in California (LA county). Due to many apartment code violations we received a 30 notice to leave. We moved into the apt. Dec 2004 and the city of LA asked for compliance back in June of 2003. So we moved in without any notice from our landlords of any violations, now we...

View more questions Search