Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Bad actors?
    OK, this bugs me a lot when I watch movies or television shows. Why do the people get bad actors? It completely ruins the whole movie, and I don't get it at all. Does it have something to do with money? Is the appearance of the actor all that matters these days?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Nov 24, 2008, 12:38 PM

That's how I feel about Horatio in csi miami, he is one of the worst actor I have ever seen, yet for some reason he makes so much money, he tries way to hard and it bugs me
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 01:14 PM

Have you ever seen a steven segal movie? Now that is a horrible actor!
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Nov 25, 2008, 01:43 PM

Hiring bad actors to movies is a manifestation of a wider and at times very annoying modern (actually, postmodern) trend. Most movies are about people like us, so we are forced to believe that the actors can be therefore selected among us - random people that have never taken at least a two week acting class. According to this trend, anyone can also be a painter, a singer, a rock star, a writer, a thinker good enough to compete with acknowledged artists. This is all annoying and I think may come more from ignorance than from a taste difference.
    lenrely Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2008, 12:15 AM

I think taste is still a huge factor (whether you love or hate Jack Black would be a prime example). In the movie "Space Cowboys", the actor who plays the flight director looks like an annoying character they just threw in to hold up the plot, and the moment of climax when the astronauts land safely shows his face filling the screen with his bad teeth.
    A more recent casting blunder I can think of would be the addition of unknown comedian Bobby Moynehan to the otherwise flawless cast of SNL, in the same week his own low-budget film went to theatres (usually they have the propriety of waiting until they retire from the show to start making B-movies).

Len
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Nov 26, 2008, 06:50 AM

Speaking of SNL, what about Will Forte. When he's in a sketch, I have to fast-forward my Tivo to the next sketch. He is not funny (I do like his McGuyver parody, because I get to see him blow up.) and his sketches drag on forever. Also, Kristen Wiig seems to play the same quirky character.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie Title or Actors [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie from the late 80's early 90's about 3 friends, murder, and money. There's a scene with the money buried under the floor boards. It's similar in style to "A Simple Plan", but it has English Actors. Can someone help me out?

80S/90S show with KISS-like actors [ 1 Answers ]

OK does anyone know the name of this show played in the early 90s possible 80s I cannot remember: it was about a group of guys they were all in white in a white background... very KISS-like with crazy makeup and each guy had different coloured hair (green, red, blue) I think there might have been 4...

Character actors [ 3 Answers ]

This character actor, a favorite of directors Sam Peckinpah and Francis Ford Coppola, also appeared in films by Sergio Leone and Robert Wise. Name him.

Mall Rats Actors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the bald actor that plays the dad who runs the Game Show? The one that gets "stink palmed" and then gets sick? Again sorry so vague. Just have a bet that this actor is not the same actor as the guy from Top Gun. I think they are different, can someone please confirm?

Top Gun Actors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of bald actor who is Tom Cruise's commanding officer in the beginning of the movie? The guy who smokes cigars and has the famous "Rubber Dog Sh*t out of Hong Kong" line? Sorry for being to vague

View more questions Search