Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psue123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2003, 08:45 AM
    Deed
    My question is: I bought a house about 6 years ago when I was a single mom. Recently I got married and have NOT put my husbands name on the deed. Now my question is, if I decide to divorce him does he have any rights to my house?
    smith4210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2003, 02:56 AM
    Deed
    Hey the laws has changed so much over the years. :(
    it is relly kind of hard to say I know that it varys from state to state. Here where I live. Normally when you bye some thig before marriage is your to keep. But if you by any chance put any type of lean on it then it is both property. So you need to find out by the state law from where you reside st and find out. But make sure what ever you do don't put his name on it no where. And do not make a loan towards it. And if you was still paying for the house then, well what ever equity you both put in it then you both share the same. Hed have to either bye your part out or you would have to bye his part out... But only for what money you have spentt o gether on it . So look close and find out..

Hope I cold help yeah out a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My name is not on the deed, what now? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I plan on retaining an attorney as soon as I get the funds, but in the meantime, I have questions! We have been married for 4 years, together for a total of 12 years. First thing is our home. We bought it from his mother, no contract-just verbal. My husband took out a mortgage on it...

How many names on the deed? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question: I am building a new home in Texas where my fiancé and I plan on living (and we plan on getting married in about a year). Since my credit and my salary is better than hers, I am the only one on the mortgage, but now the question is what names to put on the deed. In...

Name on deed [ 3 Answers ]

What do I have to do to put my sons name on the deed to my house

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

View more questions Search